Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (NA)
Third party DRM: OtherPlayfire Client required to download and play.
Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway brings the critically acclaimed squad-based WWII shooter into the next generation of gaming with amazing graphics and sound, new cutting-edge gameplay features and a totally redesigned online component.
Delivering on the franchise's compelling story, unrivaled authenticity and intense squad-based action, Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway drops you into Operation Market Garden, the largest paratrooper operation in World War II.
- Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway — next generation: The classic authentic, squad-based combat series explodes on next-generation hardware, offering unprecedented graphics and features.
- New story, new setting: Join Matt Baker, Joe Hartsock and the rest of the 101st Airborne Division in Operation Market Garden as they fight to open the infamous Hell's Highway in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
- Live the life of an enlisted man: Get orders from HQ, go on patrol, spot the enemy and set up a devastating ambush. For the first time, finding the enemy before they find you is part of the challenge.
- Unprecedented character design: Lifelike characters look, talk, move and think with incredible realism. Game characters interact with the player and each other like true brothers in arms, trading ammunition, helping wounded allies and civilians, working together to man team-operated weapons, and more.
- Rich cinematic experience: As the squad leader, you interact with and get to know your brothers. Each character has his own distinct personality, unique story and background, and grows throughout the game.
- Powerful new units under your command: Players can use or command combined arms teams — machine gun crews create intense fire, bazooka crews destroy buildings and tanks, and mortar crews pound the enemy from a distance.
- Play your own way: Players can choose to use their squad to execute a tactically elegant flanking maneuver or charge in with guns blazing.
- Destructible cover: Keep your men moving and choose your cover wisely — modeled using real physical properties and behaviors, weapons will damage, dent, scorch and destroy the world around you.
- Completely new multiplayer experience: Fight major multiplayer battles with dozens of players on each side, combining all the intensity and accessibility of Deathmatch with the squad-based gameplay that helped make Brothers In Arms famous.
Improved WWII squadvipe_1 | Dec. 17, 2014 | See all vipe_1's reviews »
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway is a significantly different sequel in the Brothers in Arms series. The game is a major upgrade from the originals in graphics and sound, while retaining the squad based tactics the series is now known for. Hell's Highway puts you back into the character from the original game. In this campaign you will be participating in the failed Operation Market Garden. The campaign is more in-depth, and attempts to tell the story from a haunted soldiers perspective. The squad based gameplay is very good and satisfying. AI is surprisingly a little more problematic in this game than the previous game, but still difficult enough. The game runs well with no major bugs or performance issues. Overall, Hell's Highway is a pretty terrific modern WWII fps that is still the only one of it's kind on the market. Combined with a great campaign story, this is possibly the best Brothers in Arms to date.