Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
"a fun and highly challenging tactical game that will test your analytical skills as well as your undying patience." - Gamechronicles.com
"There's nothing like the sense of accomplishment you get from completing one the hard-ass missions in Commandos 3" - IGN.com
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin is a game of real-time tactics that places you in command of an elite unit of Special Forces behind enemy lines in the European theater of World War II. From the shores of France to the heart of the Third Reich, strike fast from land or sea infiltrating hostile territories and conducting raids to disrupt the German war machine.
Key Game Features:
- Engage the enemy across Europe, from the Eastern front of Stalingrad, to the Gestapo Headquarters in Berlin, to the D-Day assault on Omaha Beach, each offering unique tactical situations and more action than ever before in the series.
- Navigate detailed interior and exterior environments using ambushes, assaults, stealth and sabotage to disrupt enemy advances.
- Prepare your commandos for a variety of strategies as enemy bombing raids destroy and alter the surrounding environment, requiring you to change your tactics on the fly.
- Experience WWII warfare head-to-head in a variety of all new deathmatch and cooperative multiplayer modes.
- Improved accessibility: Commandos 3: Destination Berlin features more detailed, smaller maps providing more action-orientated missions that form part of an overall campaign.
It's a Commandos game, however....jpbuntinx | Jan. 29, 2013 | See all jpbuntinx's reviews »
Commandos games are known for having very select missions with very select objectives which have to be completed in a certain way. This game takes out everything past the "select missions" but and makes it more accessible to more players, which is not always a good thing. It's still Commandos, but far too easy compared to the other games. If you're new to the franchise, this may be a good place to start.
The repercussions of making a game for everyoneabelfs | Jan. 14, 2013 | See all abelfs's reviews »
The missions of the previous Commandos were long and difficult, not for everyone. Pyro Studios took note and made a game more accessible in order to be more commercial, but betraying all the fans that have gained since Behind the Enemy Lines". The result is a good strategy game, but without the satisfaction when you complete the missions...
Commandos 3 reviewcarlyle | Nov. 28, 2012 | See all carlyle's reviews »
Commandos 3 characters in the game are not specialized as in previous episodes: for example, the Green Beret can now use almost all firearms as well as the pistol: this makes the missions less linear, since it takes less time required the use of a character in certain situations. In addition, each character has its own inventory, where they can be collected objects taken from enemy corpses. The character of the Pilot has been eliminated, and some of its features were incorporated in the Engineer, the Thief now has a lethal weapon standard that was missing before (the piano wire).
Old but gold!Raoin | Sept. 4, 2012 | See all Raoin's reviews »
I know Commandos is kinda old, but to be honest, I played it for the first time months ago. It's not my type of game, but I found it really interesting. Basically, you have a team, which each member has unique skills, and you have to act strategically to complete missions. I think the game mechanics is satisfatory and justified on its release date.
A good RTSZinzun | Sept. 4, 2012 | See all Zinzun's reviews »
Like the others Commandos title,this game is really good.Every men of your squad has specific skill and ability to use,so you must choose well each men to complete a mission.The graphic is "Diablo style",but the game it's worth it,now it's only 2 euro.