Conflict: Desert Storm
Third party DRM: SteamThis game requires a free Steam account to play.
Take charge of the most feared special operations forces in the world: the elite British SAS or the US Delta Force squads. You're the best trained, best equipped and best organised. The area that has been assigned to you is yours for the taking. Seek, locate and destroy enemy targets and personnel. Create havoc and confusion throughout the enemy's lines of communication and supply. What lies before you is the opportunity of a soldier's lifetime. Take your equipment, take your training and use it well. Squad-based combat over 15 challenging missions.
- Control a squad of four expert SAS or Delta Force operatives - Team Leader, Sniper, Heavy Weapons Specialist and Combat Engineer.
- Call in air strikes, take control of vehicles and engage in the most fearsome combat you will ever face.
- Watch your squad's expertise improve as each mission is completed.
- Unprecedented AI governs enemy and squad behaviour.
- Multiple paths through 15 challenging missions in urban, desert and indoor environments.
- Real-World physics and ballistic models accurately simulate the rigours of combat.
- Superb sound effects, explosions and actual Special Forces weaponry.
Decent, but not that greatCooberstooge | Sept. 6, 2012 | See all Cooberstooge's reviews »
Conflict: Desert Storm is much like the other games in this series - it's a solid shooter, but it by and large has been done far better elsewhere. There's nothing inherently wrong with the game, but there's no originality to it, the campaign is your standard desert combat with a weak back story fare, and the characters aren't memorable.
The game controls just fine, and combat does get intense during firefights. Weapons and vehicles are modeled well, considering the age of the game. Sounds of the weapons and explosions come off as somewhat flat, but they do the job. Map layouts are pretty decent, especially the urban ones, and close-quarters house to house fighting can get a little nerve-wracking.
Graphically, Conflict: Desert Storm is starting to show its age, but the graphics are bug and lag free, so that's a major plus in my books. Your squad looks good, and they each stand out, so recognizing them to issue orders during combat is fairly easy.
Dated and boringDarkslayer16 | Aug. 15, 2012 | See all Darkslayer16's reviews »
Even at release the game was fairly boring and tedious, but with the amount of games in the genre that play so much better.. this game just isn't worth it. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone. It's playable yeah, but you would just regret it.
Badjeyko | Aug. 12, 2012 | See all jeyko's reviews »
Conflict: Deser Storm is bad. The controls are horrible, and the graphics and aesthetics are horrendously ugly. It does not stand out with anything, compared with other Third-Person Tactical Shooters. Stick with Ghost Recon