Silent Hunter®: Battle of the Atlantic GOLD Edition
This game requires a free UPLAY account to play.
Includes three famous non-playable historical U-Boats:
- U-99 (type VIIB) – submarine of U-boat ace Otto Kretschmer
- U-30 (type VIIA) – submarine of U-boat ace Fritz Lemp
- U-552 (type VIIC) – submarine of U-boat ace Erich Topp
Includes four famous Allied ships:
- HMS Duke of York (King George V battleship class) – the ship responsible for sinking the German battlecruiser Scharnhorst and carrying Churchill to America in one occasion.
- HMS Walker (V&W destroyer class) – ship commanded by Donald Macintyre during the battle for convoy HX112 which led to the capture of top U-boat ace Otto Krestschmer (U-99) and death of U-boat ace Joachim Shepke (U-100)
- HMS Stork (Black Swan sloop class) –flagship of the famous commander Walker, leading the 2nd Support Group flotilla assigned to U-boat hunting
- HMS Suffolk (Kent cruiser class) –famous British cruiser involved in the battle of Norway and the sinking of the German battleship Bismarck
Includes The Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Official Guide:
- 110-page PDF guide detailing the crew, submarines, ships, and weapons of Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic.
Step behind the periscope of a German U-boat and take on the Allied Forces in famous battles across the vast Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea.
The best-selling submarine series of all time continues with the highly anticipated Silent Hunter: Battle of the Atlantic. For the first time, you can live the life of a submarine captain from a first-person view as you lead your crew in a truly dynamic campaign.
- Put on the captain’s uniform For the first time, walk through highly detailed submarines, access every part of your U-boat, and manage your crew in the new first-person view.
- Become a real leader Directly command your crew and experience the tension and fear inside the U-boat through the new advanced order system.
- Test your war strategies Choose your own strategy and select your targets with a new objective-driven, dynamic campaign.
- Make the enemy react to you Open new locations, upgrades and resupply possibilities, while the Allied ships adjust dynamically to your approach. Your actions will directly impact the evolution of the campaign.
- Accessibility Enhanced: Prowl the waters with a brand-new user interface. Now, every beginner can successfully command a sub free of confusion. In expert mode, experienced players will be provided with all the necessary information and controls to command the sub completely on their own.
- Cinematic Experience: Experience the most realistic and immersive Silent Hunter ever created. Improved environment graphics create a powerful level of immersion as you operate authentic, highly detailed U-boats and surface ships. Multiplayer Mode Play in cooperative or adversarial modes in scripted and generated missions.
A welcome addition to the seriesjuxtaposed_j | Jan. 11, 2014 | See all juxtaposed_j's reviews »
If you are into Battleships with much substance play this. It offers a deep (there's a big PDF file detailing on the ships, etc in-game) comprehensive view of all sea line vehicles.
This is essentially Sea Commander manager, The Game!