Coloropus is an underwater adventure puzzle quest game about an octopod creature named Coloropus trying to save his girlfriend. Gameplay is based on solving color mixing and physics puzzles, fighting with dangerous underwater creatures and helping friendly ocean folks. The game has no use of spoken and written language. All interactions between the game’s characters come as funny animated dialogues telling main storyline and providing hints to Coloropus players.
- Unique color-based puzzles. Players will need to compare and mix different colours to solve puzzles;
- underwater themed physics-based puzzles;
- solid underwater atmosphere is created with colourful and bright vector graphics and 12 exclusive soundtracks from water surface down to the deep;
- 40 unique hand-drawn game locations, 5 challenging bosses, more than 15 kinds of underwater creatures;
- speechless and textless gameplay. The game has no use of spoken and written language. All interactions between the game’s characters come as funny animated dialogues telling main storyline and providing hints to Coloropus players (more than 50 unique dialogs);
- there is no way to fail the game. Even if the main character dies he’ll always have another chance to get back to life by solving more puzzles and literally going through Heavens or Hell.
Coloropus reviewZinzun | Aug. 23, 2012 | See all Zinzun's reviews »
First of all, a free version of this game can be played on Kongregate.After that,Coloropus is a good adventure game.You are an octopus and you must save your girlfriend (she's been trapped into a bottle); during this adventure, solving very easy puzzles (you can't really stuck here) and upgrading yourself to become more powerful.Yes,there are boss battles too,and they can be very hard due to the movement control of the main character. You can die, you can make moral choice...and this is interesting for an adventure game. The game is very short,maybe four hours,but it's very funny to play.