The Stronghold Collection
Enjoy the complete medieval experience in The Stronghold Collection, featuring five real-time strategy games. Create and defend your castle stronghold as you expand your lands, survey the castle life in your domain, host great jousting festivals and feasts, or conduct public executions to keep the peasantry in line.
The ultimate medieval RTS package contains:
- Stronghold: The original castle sim that started it all
- Stronghold 2: The King, having fled after the defeat of his own armies, now attempts to rule his country from a secret location. Powerful barons now jostle for what is fast becoming a disintegrating kingdom – it is up to you to stem the tides of their ambition and unite the land under the king again!
- Stronghold Crusader: Journey to distant Arabian lands renowned for brave warriors and fearsome weaponry as you lead a determined group of Crusaders. Now you have the chance to relive the historic Crusades in four campaigns as Richard the Lionheart and Saladin, the Sultan of Syria.
- Stronghold Crusader Extreme: Extreme adds on 20 new missions, new buildings, and larger armies of 10,000 troops.
- Stronghold Legends: Lead as fantasy characters throughout history: King Arthur and the forces of Camelot, Siegfried and Dietrich in the German Ice Campaign, and unleash the fury of the forces of evil in Vlad Dracul’s Transylvania.
- Updated for Windows 7 and Vista compatibility
Flawlessrjb789 | Sept. 28, 2013 | See all rjb789's reviews »
This is a collection of some of the finest castle warfare strategy games of all time. The pack includes the first game, Stronghold, The second game, Stronghold 2, the third game, Stronghold legends and the other 2 crusader games. Every one of these games is worth the full price of the pack and they all feature a brilliant combat system, interesting castle building mechanics and great dialogue from the peasants you will find around your kingdom. Every single one of these games features great graphics and brilliant sound design and music. Each of the battles feels dynamic too. Go get this pack!
Legendary pack!Veniu | Sept. 28, 2013 | See all Veniu's reviews »
All of the items in this pack (Well, maybe excluding Stronghold: Legends...) are true legends for gamers! It all started with Stronghold...
A unique, strategy game, where we're the king. But we have enemies, enemies that won't stop bothering us, sometimes they're weak, sometimes they're strong. Shortly saying: Challanging as you want it!
Graphics, sounds or gameplay is just right for the game of that type. It doesn't needs lots of graphical details, or many loud noises. However, game never seems to be repetive, from side of AI or ours. It's always something new. Also there's a level editor! You can make your very own campaign. All of this, actually can describe other "Strongholds". The only difference may be that Stronghold: Legends brings us into a fantasy world, with Ogres, King Arthur and such.
This pack is all about strategy and history of gaming. Doesn't matters if you're good or not, do you like FPS games, this is a pack you NEED to have if you think of yourself as a gamer.
My favourite genretaytothief | Aug. 27, 2013 | See all taytothief's reviews »
I love this genre of games, it's my favourite among all. Anything to feature castles and archers and I'm interested and if it involves empire building (in this case castle building) then all the better. The first of the lot is without doubt the best, they just kind of repackaged everything again and again for the latter games. And it may not look as good anymore as it once did. It still holds a special place among my games, hence the high score, but it's not without flaws for new players.
A good collectionDemilisz | June 30, 2013 | See all Demilisz's reviews »
The Stronghold series started very high with first game and then Crusade, but after that it was only a downfall. Stronghold 2 goes down because of shameful bugs, but they was fixed later, so is quite good these days. Crusader Extreme and Legends was a ripoffs, but as additions are acceptable.
The game is about castle buildings, managing it and defending against opponents. Sometimes it will be us who makes a siege. Graphics may not be great nowadays (even with HD patches for Stronghold and Crusade), but aren't bad either. There are some basic economic chains (wheat become flour in windmill and then flour becomes bread in bakery) but practically all things you produces are for military purpose. So don't expect anything Settlers or Anno level, Stronghold is mostly about fighting.
Good price for good collection, worth buying.
Great Climategrzegorz2047 | May 23, 2013 | See all grzegorz2047's reviews »
Enjoy the complete medieval experience in The Stronghold Collection, featuring five real-time strategy games. Create and defend your castle stronghold as you expand your lands, survey the castle life in your domain, host great jousting festivals and feasts, or conduct public executions to keep the peasantry in line. It's really great.