Fight your way through the streets of a zombie infested city to save the survivors of a disastrous chemical accident that changed most of the city's population into mindless brain hungry monsters. Time is your enemy and your car is your weapon as you race through the streets smashing everything on your way including fences, phone booths, street lamps and hordes of zombies. When the gruesomely mutated zombies become too much to handle, buy a new car or get more guns and upgrades installed. You can earn more money for finishing side quests, making kill combos and searching for hidden prizes. Game play is unrestricted and the player can freely roam through the dark streets, alleys and backyards searching for the best shortcuts or hidden power ups.
- 17 story missions with sub quests and bonus objectives
- Huge, free roaming city, infested by thousands of brain hungry zombies just waiting to be explored
- 7 different cars including an unlockable super car
- 9 different upgrades for each car, which can transform even an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death
- All cars can be mounted with miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns
- All weapons have 3 upgrade levels which come with unique features
- Dynamic combo system with tricks and hordes of zombies to try it on
- Many vicious zombie types including even zombie dogs
###New Slaughter game mode:
- Fight endless waves of zombies to achieve the highest score possible
- 5 unlockable arenas with different environmental effects
* Harbor - sunny midday
* City Center - foggy noon
* Park - warm dusk
* Midtown - night with projected headlights
* Suburbs - early dawn
- Upgrade your car on the fly
- Post your high scores to Twitter and Facebook directly from the game
A nice change...darkbreaker3200 | Aug. 13, 2013 | See all darkbreaker3200's reviews »
It was a new perspective on the zombie genre for me, birds-eye view car action. The missions were simple and short, but controlling the cars was the major challenge. Initially I got motion sick from playing, but I got used to it. Supports Eyefinity, a major plus even though it's kinda pointless for this game. All in all, a great example of an Indie game.
Kill insectsiamkyo90 | Aug. 8, 2013 | See all iamkyo90's reviews »
The zombies look like insects, hahaha, it's very addictive, kill hordes and hordes of zombies with different types of vehicles that can be improved. It has several modes of play, it is not hard to master.
I never got enoughmahon | July 26, 2013 | See all mahon's reviews »
People are often surprised about the amount of time I devoted to this game. The concept is not very complex here - you drive around, smashing zombies and surroundings, sowing destruction and collecting upgrades to your car and momey to buy even more upgrades.
Can this game be any good? Definitely! It's one of the games that I spent most time playing. It has some storyline, but it's not the reason you play this game, is it? I play it when I feel the need for speed and destruction without excessive brain exercise. In fact you can freely relax your brain in this game, you will be using your eyes and fingers, but won't need to plan any complex strategies. But when you play a game that is all about driving into hordes of zombies, can you expect anything else?
Shame it was too shortJonot86 | July 25, 2013 | See all Jonot86's reviews »
While it was fun and great with fun driving mechanics, it didn't feel long as it should be!
Upgrading and racing against time is fun but I do like to take my time to explore! Shooting guns, racing random cars while annihilating zombie hordes is fun.
I would definitely suggest to pick this up and hope for a sequel!
Cool for a momentTGAlan | July 11, 2013 | See all TGAlan's reviews »
Zombie Driver is an fun easy going game that allows you to race, and smash, and shoot the crap out of tons of zombies. It's a simple, top down playing game. Nothing fancy, no bells and whistles, but has some online leadboards.