World of Goo
"It's packed full of brilliant, challenging levels. It's gorgeous." - IGN.com
"Innovative, addictive, and delightfully weird, World of Goo is a superb puzzle game." - Gamespot.com
World Of Goo is a simple puzzle building game with a quirky, surreal sense of humour. Connect balls of goo together to form makeshift bridges and towers to build a path, guiding the goo balls to the exit.
- All the makings of a classic: engrossing, obsessive and addictive gameplay. Easy to learn, hard to master!
- 48 levels with wide-ranging objectives and a variety of goo!
- Realistic sound effects add to the game's wit and personality - yelping, cheering goo balls make every move an event.
- Fantastic, atmospheric soundtrack: carefully chosen music tracks set the atmosphere for each level.
- Different types of goo have special abilities - some drip like water, some float like helium balloons, some are sticky and some are spike-proof. Engaging game design brings them all together to solve the most fiendish predicaments.
- A unique visual experience: brilliant design is achieved through vibrant and contrasting colours and beautiful graphics, giving a surreal cartoon feel.
Inovative and challenging puzzlerkatchouni | May 11, 2013 | See all katchouni's reviews »
Among the loads of puzzle games coming out these days, World of goo is realy one of a kind. Immediatly appealing by its graphical mood, an adorable and intriguing style which reminds me the best animated movies. Your job here is to put Goos together to build towers and bridges, in order to climb or go over gaps to the exit. The challenge gets harder as you progress in the game : levels get tougher but you also get Goos with special abilities to help. The physics render is awesome, you can genuinly feels the weight of your building. I can't recomand enough this game, a real must have.
Great Game!crazycold12 | April 23, 2013 | See all crazycold12's reviews »
I love the puzzle aspect of this game! It's very challenging, and well worth the price! The first time I played this was on my wii console, and it is so much easier to play with a mouse. I highly recommend it!!!
One of the best puzzle game available. And it never gets old.zhack075 | Feb. 26, 2013 | See all zhack075's reviews »
In World of Goo, you need to use little ball of various goo ( each color has its own utility ) in order to reach a pipe and "save" as many "non used" goo. It is a physic puzzle game as you need to build structure in order to reach the pipe. Beside the campaign, there is a Multiplayer competitive mode in which you have to build the higher goo structure using the goo balls you saved during the campaign.
The concept is really simple but the game is really addictive. 2D Graphics are the kind of graphics that never get old and are still great. If you like physic based puzzle game, or just puzzle game, this is definitely a must have !
Gotta love those thingsWolfear | Feb. 9, 2013 | See all Wolfear's reviews »
This is one of the first indie games, that made the indie market popular. You would think it is good, or maybe just a hype? Nah, it's good. the puzzles are challenging but not hard. The balls of goo are really cute, and you'll want to save them all and not let them dissapear with a "plop". The only setback is the length, but for the price it is now, it might not be worth it for you. On sale however, it is a must have.
Delightful, original indie game worth playingDeweyDTruman | Feb. 8, 2013 | See all DeweyDTruman's reviews »
World of goo has, by now, probably been at least tried by about everyone. But it repeats noting how original it truly feels compared to many other games. The gameplay is exceedingly fresh, and the graphics and sound are pretty well done too. It's a bit on the short side, but worth every second.