Third party DRM: SteamThis game requires a free Steam account to play.
Race, crash and hoon your way through a world tour of motorised mayhem in DiRT Showdown! Crowd atmosphere, social gameplay and accessibility are all ramped up in this turbo- injected shot of driving delirium. Smash down the accelerator and earn the adulation of frenzied crowds at hyper-energised events at iconic locations. Trick, speed and smash your way to victory, then do it again.
Use boost to blast past your rivals in races, unleash your inner hoonigan in huge freestyle, free-roaming stunt parks and see gaming’s most advanced damage engine pushed to its limits in devastating demolition derby events. DiRT Showdown is also Codemasters’ most connected game ever - split-screen multiplayer, 8 player online racing, on and off-line quick-fire party games, Showdown challenges and YouTube integration all come as standard. Get your ticket for this stunning new world of accessible action-sports racing from the makers of the award-winning DiRT series.
- Experience a new world of full impact, no-holds-barred action sports racing
- Push pedal to metal at iconic locations– Miami to London, San Francisco to Tokyo and more
- Wow the crowds at unsanctioned, hyper-energised events with a festival vibe
- Demolition Derby themed events, powered by racing’s most advanced damage model, deliver the ultimate in organised automotive chaos
- Trade paint and deploy nitros in high-octane race events filled with obstacles and ramps
- Show off your skills in free roaming freestyle arenas primed for automotive tricks and stunts
- Compete against your friends to reach ‘Showdown’ finals across multiple disciplines
- Dive in and drive with accessible, pick-up-and-play controls
- Prove yourself under all conditions – rain, sun, fog, and snow – in the daytime or under the lights at night in front of thousands of cheering fans
- Multiplayer overload – 8 player online races, split-screen gaming and over 10 different event types
- Send Showdown Challenges to your friends so that you can compete against them even when you are not both online.
- Use the integrated ‘Crashback’ camera to capture your most spectacular crashes and upload replays direct to YouTube
Dirt goes arcadedarkyhbk | June 19, 2014 | See all darkyhbk's reviews »
DiRT 2 is probably one of the best offroad simulators of all times, yet Showdown goes arcade in an attempt to please another section of gamers. Mostly everything, from the career menus to the races themselves are very Codemasters-like, similar to their previous games. The only different aspect is the control, which is completely arcade. You mostly race unlicensed cars, and a few licensed ones as well, on tracks ranging from forests to downtown areas. These are really diverse, as are the game modes. You get classic races, time attack, destruction derbies, destruction 8-balls and more, so you'll never get bored. The gameplay itself is solid and fun, while the soundtrack, mainly composed of soft rock, is ok, but doesn't really stand out. Overall, it's an enjoyable racing game.
Crazy box of Kittens.fishey334 | March 5, 2014 | See all fishey334's reviews »
I got this through a competition and it was absolute fun. The only problem is it felt a bit short and repetitive due to most of time it would seem that you either run around in circles for hours on end or attempting to ram the living daylights of other cars. I anticipated their would be a bit more rally or road racing due it being a Dirt game. Though not to sure I would've bought this game due to the time it took to complete it.
AWESOME GAME!Kevduit | Nov. 2, 2013 | See all Kevduit's reviews »
Now this is the kind of game you want to get when you want to relieve some stress! This game features non stop actions and explosions, destruction and mayhem. It's a game that puts you in the driver seat to destroy all of your opponents. Get bored of playing by yourself? Take the battle online to test your skills with the game, and try to become the top player in the game by destroying all the competition. Truly a game worth getting if you love vehicular destruction!
Great!rjb789 | Oct. 2, 2013 | See all rjb789's reviews »
This is of the more arcade style Dirt games and it is very good! Unlike the previous Dirt games such as Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, this game focuses more on crazy racing with over the top vehicles and races as opposed to the Raleigh style racing that was heavily featured in the other Dirt games in the franchise. The game play is fast and frantic and provides many thrills as you race through the brilliant campaign. The multi player also provides a very fun experience where you can race many of your friends across a wide range of race courses and upgrade your cars to become the best and beat your friends. In short, if you like racing games that are more arcade based, this is for you!
Very funQwertyfour | Sept. 27, 2013 | See all Qwertyfour's reviews »
I'm not much of a gamer who plays racing games, because I usually find it quite tedious, but this game is absolutely amazing. Admittedly, I haven't spent too much time in game, but of the hour or so I've played, it has been complete joy. The arcade twist makes the game very enjoyable in trying to wreck other peoples cars and the free driving is still very enjoyable.
One problem I have had is the multiplayer. It seems that I can not get it to work as you have to queue up in a party. It's pretty convoluted and I wished I could play online. However, I still enjoy the single player game very much.
I think why I enjoy it so much is that you're not usually driving around in circles but rather smashing into each other, popping nitro, being worried about fast approaching cards and the like. It's the best of Mario Kart and Need for Speed.
Overall, get this game if you like realistic racing games but want varied gameplay.