Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Third party DRM: SteamThis game requires a free Steam account to play.
Set in the Might & Magic® universe, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes®, 2011 award winner and critically acclaimed Playstation®Network & Xbox LIVE® game, is coming for the first time on Windows® PC!
This PC version will incorporate the same role-playing elements, adventure, and an innovative and dynamic combat system based on puzzle mechanics and new online features.
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes takes place 40 years before the Heroes V saga. Scattered across five different regions of Ashan, five special heroes must travel their own dangerous paths to grow in strength, unravel a demonic plot, and ultimately save the world from Chaos.
Master unique and dynamic combat mechanics
• Art of tactics: Create offensive or defensive unit formations, learn advanced combos and make the best of your spells and artifacts to build up the right strategy and overcome your enemies.
• Various challenges: Defeat the enemy heroes by crossing their armies in standard battles. Launch into special challenges and Boss fights where your strategic skills will be put to a severe test. Solve puzzle battles by finding the right combination and wipe- out the enemy in a limited number of turns.
• Unit management: Earn & hire units with different attributes and abilities to create your ultimate army combination. • Heroes rising: Become more powerful after each battle by earning XP points and level- up your hero and your units. • HD art, music & sounds: Enjoy the rich Might & Magic universe.
Experience an epic adventure:
• Vibrantly detailed settings: Explore highly detailed maps full of knights, elves, wizards, necromancers and demons and interact with a unique manga style inspired environment.
• Prequel to M&M Heroes: Play the childhood of the five main Heroes: Anwen, Godric, Fiona, Aidan and Nadia. • Traverse the fantasy world of Ashan: Recruit & level up units, and discover hidden artifacts to build the most powerful army.
**Hot seat 1v1 and Online 2 to 4 Players PVP & Coop Mode
• Multiple Heroes: Choose from 10 different characters, each one featuring unique spells and abilities.
• Build your own army: Select the best combination of creatures and artifacts to give you the strongest advantage on the battleground.
• Join a friend and face up to two opponents in dynamic & strategic coop battles.
Very nice spin-offlucasart | Nov. 25, 2013 | See all lucasart's reviews »
The strongest supporters of Might & Magic series might turn up their noses at such a sudden change of gender, but on balance this Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is a spinoff to be cute and, surprisingly, a product of great value. More like a Puzzle Quest that to any of the titles in the franchise, this title presents a game system easy to govern but absolutely deep and fitted with numerous variables, with mechanics that take a while 'from RPG, a little' by strategic. Absolutely recommended to all lovers of the genre and not, shame about the story, that smacks of originality, combined with stereotypical characters and a clear linearity.
Not MaM so far, but still good gameRadovanh | Sept. 11, 2013 | See all Radovanh's reviews »
Clash of Heroes isnt some Might and Magic or Heroes of Might and Magic game. But it is still good game with strategy and working principles. You are making formations, filling special units and this game is still working and you must use your brain to win. Small spin off to a big series. Try it and you this game not will dissapoint you. And the principle is this small - take one unit and give it on another place. Brilliant game.
Wonderful, especially in multiplayerShav | June 19, 2013 | See all Shav's reviews »
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes has almost nothing in common with traditional Might and Magic games. The story, graphic style and combat is completely different, yet it is very fun to play. While the main campaign in singleplayer can get boring at parts - especially that it takes over 30 hours to complete, the multiplayer is truely a blast to play. You are choosing from few different characters, with different armies, and have to beat your opponent. While it may seem like a simple puzzler, it requires a lot of strategy and planning. Pretty good game, and really cheap.
Good spinoff to main serieDemilisz | June 11, 2013 | See all Demilisz's reviews »
Clash of Heroes is good, enjoyable, but rather short spin off to main HoMM serie (counting from HoMM V upward). It is obvious that DS was a main platform for this game, so it lacks a lot of feature. You don;t have castle to build, resources are almost non existent, maps are small and linear. The battle system is similiar ot Puzzle Qquest, only you try to arrange your own units rather than generic jewels. It is quiet fun when you play it first time, but when you finish it there is really not much to return to.
The game takes place 40 years before HoMM V, so fans has a chance to meet their favourite characters when they was much younger (though some of them , like Nicolai or Zephyr, aren't born yet - but you are able to meet their parents).
Never has a NDS port been this good.McDoenerKing | June 4, 2013 | See all McDoenerKing's reviews »
It was initially released for the NDS and later ported to the pc, so I didn't really trust the game to begin with, but as I found out years later it was a big mistake. Here is why: This game is addictingly fun! I love puzzles now and then. Since I haven't played a puzzle game in recent time, I picked this title up while on sale and had a blast. The single player story is well told and the learning curve is very nice. Sometimes you will hit enemies you just can't beat and have to go fighting other enemies, but you want your revenge at some point! I promise! ;) The gameplay mechanics over really nice and different tactics depending on who you are facing. The different races and units are well done and offering nice abilities. I didn't like the leveling system much it felt a bit alienated though.
If you are on a dry road, when it comes to puzzle games, pick this game up and thank me later! Playing time is varying between 25-40 hours depending on your puzzle skills and number of sessions.