Might & Magic Heroes VI: Gold Edition
This game requires a free UPLAY account to play.
The legendary strategy role-playing game is back in a new enhanced edition featuring the critically acclaimed Might & Magic Heroes VI, two original Adventure Packs, and majestic Townscreens.
Live an epic story where Angels plot to end, once and for all, an unfinished war with their ancient rivals, the Faceless. Control the destiny of the Griffin family in this chaotic period.
Crag Hack, the famous barbarian, has been hired to defeat a sinister cult. It’s time again for this legendary hero to be called out of retirement and embark on a new and perilous adventure!
Control the destiny of Sandro, the greatest villain in Might & Magic, as he defies men and Dragon Gods, carefully planning events that will change Ashan forever…
- Enjoy critically acclaimed Heroes gameplay in a new, enhanced, premium edition!
- Experience a unique mix of turn-based strategy and RPG: Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect resources, and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics to level up your heroes, recruit troops, and lead them to combat on tactical battle maps.
- Shape your destiny: Lead the Heroes of the Griffin Dynasty through an intriguing scenario. Choose your path between Blood & Tears, and customize your gaming experience with an all-new Reputation system.
- Unveil new secrets of Ashan: Experience two original and breathtaking stories starring two fan-favorite Legacy Heroes – Crag Hack and Sandro.
- Explore the past of Might & Magic: The ancient world of VARN is back in the largest map ever created for Might & Magic Heroes VI.
- Rediscover the richness of the Might & Magic universe: Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan, enjoy improved 3D designs, and brand-new Townscreens.
- Share with the community: Compete with your friends using a new and intelligent online community interface: The Conflux.
- Exclusive map for the Gold Edition: Survive the infamous Succession Wars in this scenario based on the original Might & Magic world of Enroth.
Not the best of the series but still goodGeorgeStorm | Jan. 21, 2014 | See all GeorgeStorm's reviews »
Might and Magic VI is the latest in the long running Heroes of Might and Magic series, a turn based tactical RPG set in a fantasy world. I've been a fan of the series since the 4th game (often thought of as bad, but the first I played). The 6th isn't the strongest in my opinion, although I'm mainly basing my opinions from local multiplayer rather than the story since that's how I've played it the most. It's a pretty game, sticking mainly to the same core concepts as the previous games, with some 'dumbing down' of the resource system now only needing 3 plus gold. There's a good range of creatures across the different factions, each possible to upgrade to an elite version of the unit in theory adding more diversity, although they're always (from what I've seen) a direct upgrade, so there are no choices needed as to which unit you want to go for, as soon as you can afford it you just upgrade them.
The Gold edition adds some new townscreens, along with a couple of adventure packs for more content.
If you enjoyed the previous games then I would think you'll enjoy this one as well :)
Legendary series in excellent releasemahon | Aug. 10, 2013 | See all mahon's reviews »
After the fourth Heroes of Might and Magic game some players declared that the series was dead, or at least it should be. Now the fifth part brought the game closer to the shiniest parts of the series, and the sixth game put it on the same level as other big-name games of its time.
The Gold edition of Heroes of Might and Magic includes the base game, two adventure packs and townscreens. The game is a great mix of RPG, adventures and small-scale strategic actions. Even if the numbers of units are larger, the game feels like a small units combat. And the mix must be pretty volatile if the game is already the sixth part of the series and remains popular aftar all these times