SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny - Digital Deluxe Edition
Third party DRM: SteamThis game requires a free Steam account to play.
"It's really hard to blend genres as thoroughly as Phenomic has done here and come away successful at all so it's a testament to the developer's dedication to the cause." - IGN.com
"SpellForce 2's intriguing mix of gameplay styles makes for a great divergence from the archetypal real-time strategy game." - Gamespot.com
In the Digital Deluxe Edition, you will receive the Standard Edition + Faith in Destiny Soundtrack + WorldMap in digital form + Artbook in digital form.
Four years have passed since the Shaper's defeat through the use of Archfire. During that time scientists, dragons and inventors have tried to find a way to counter the mysterious deterioration of the portals - in vain.
The portal network has now totally collapsed and the islands are cut off from one another. The dragons and the Shaikan act as the only connection between the races, but even their resources are limited.
Now, with the nations isolated from one another, a new nameless enemy strikes. Eo is completely at the mercy of the attackers ascending from demonic depths.
In the midst of this chaos a new hero appears. A simple Shaikan and a member of the hand, he searches desperately for answers to his deeply disturbing dreams. This search leads him to the ancestral home of his people, the Iron Fields, to the mountain of the Patriarch Ur. The elders can only tell him that his dreams are connected to his destiny, but nothing more.
Upon arrival all he finds are more questions: Who are these demonic creatures the locals are calling the Nameless? What do the dragons know about the destiny of this world?
And what has Professor Twiddles plan to restore the portals to do with all this?
To discover his destiny, our hero must acquire new skills and do battle with enemies new and old. But wherever he goes - the Nameless always seem to be a step ahead, and futile battles break out in which the hero holds the destiny of all of Eo in his hands.
- Click’n’Fight and Quick-Action-Buttons: perfected control system for Instant-Actions, best overview, and strategic sophistication
- Singleplayer campaign ensuring a maximum of fun, riveting story progression and countless quests - all refined by the authentic and consistent world of Eo
- Choose your individual path among a plethora of different skills and magic abilites, offering numerous combinations of character development
- For the first time in the history of SpellForce, you can even ride on a dragon
- Completely new race with buildings, also playable in multiplayer
- Innovative multiplayer mode, never seen before in the RTS/RPG genre
- Domination: all new multiplayer mode; you have to keep control of strategic nodes, which are spread over the map, in order to obtain resources to further strengthen your armies
Awesome addition to the SpellForce games.jeyko | July 1, 2012 | See all jeyko's reviews »
The long-awaited SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny is here! Surely it does not exceed expectations, but it meets them perfectly. The graphics may not be of the prettiest, but the aesthetics are gorgeous and the gameplay is stellar - what you would expect from a high-class hack-and-slash game. The singleplayer portion of the game is it's main part, and is executed really well. There are a lot of diverse quests and a nice story. The multiplayer may not be that good, but that is not at what the game is aiming at.
By buying the Digital Deluxe edition you also get the main game - SpellForce 2, a digital map of the SpellForce world and an artbook. With all these additions, I would recommend the game to everyone, mustbuy if on sale!