Battlestrike - The Siege
1944: The war is far from over, and vicious fighting continues on the Western Front. The Germans, having regrouped and rearmed, are filled with fresh confidence. Their new commander on the Western Front, Field Marshal von Runstedt, has never lost a battle before - and he’s already defeated the Allies at Arnhem. Under his leadership, the Germans mount a powerful counterattack in the Ardennes mountains, aiming to reach Antwerp and lay siege to trapped Allied units. Cut off from the rest of defeated friendly armies, you’ll wage a desperate fight against overwhelming enemy forces. Your task is to stop them and change the course of the war.
- Huge range of realistic weapons including fighter planes, tank and field cannon, mobile AA guns, infantry machine guns and sniper rifle
- Great mission variety - from the turret guns of a Lancaster bomber to sniper missions
- simple, intuitive point-and-click interface
- Fully realistic sound effects detailed 3D environments with many special effects
- Low system requirements allowing smooth gameplay on slower systems
BattlestrikeTheCakeIsALie | April 13, 2011 | See all TheCakeIsALie's reviews »
I still don't understand why there are so many parts of battlestrike out there. They're using the same engine in every single game, and the gameplay doesn't get any more interesting. Variety is still nowhere to be found and the graphics are just awful. The sound is terrible, because the only thing you'll here is some voricifous sounds, with an unclear origin. Therefore I don't recommend this game at all.