Far Cry 3 (NA)
Third party DRM: OtherPlayfire Client required to download and play.
This game requires a free UPLAY account to play.
"Far Cry 3 is important for the same reason as Far Cry 2. It's a shooter that considers shooters thoughtfully, both in the way they're designed and the way we play them, and then asks us to do the same." - IGN.com
"All of it is entertaining, and it gives you a sense that the island is little more than your plaything- a feeling that's only emphasized as your skills increase and you become a badass cross between Turok and Rambo. It's for that reason that Far Cry 3 comes across as a fresh experience and ranks up there as one of the best shooters of 2012." - worthplaying.com
Beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun. Discover the island’s dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity… You’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
- AN OPEN WORLD FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER - Create your own FPS adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns or long-range sniping.
- AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY - Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges and swampy grasslands to white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games and travel quickly by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more!
- UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS - Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey to the dark side of humanity, written by a Writers Guild Award winner.
- PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN - Play online and team up in a four-player campaign which challenges you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds.
- A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER - Innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates and calling in support weapons. After each match, players have the choice to punish or show mercy for their foes in fun and twisted ways, choreographed with interactive cutscenes.
- USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT- The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry® Map Editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of all-new content with the very best being showcased for the whole world to enjoy. Using the included tools, you too can make amazing maps, quickly and easily.
- CUTTING-EDGE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY - Far Cry® 3 is being developed by the world-class game designers who brought you such critically acclaimed titles as Assassin’s Creed® 2, Assassin’s Creed®Brotherhood, and World in Conflict®.
Terribly and Horribly Addicting!Kveni | Nov. 11, 2014 | See all Kveni's reviews »
Honestly, when I first got this game, I was wondering how long the hype would last, and if it was even WORTH getting... And then I played it... for 10 hours... and I realized that this game would be a great one! I love this game. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fantastic, the storyline is unbeatable, the characters and voice actors did a GREAT job, the vehicles are fast, and combat is epic, and the world is MASSIVE, is there anything more you could ask for? If you love HUGE open world games, that feel like they never end, games that have a storyline so epic that you can't even figure out what's going on half the time because there are so many explosions, and if you like fighting sharks in an un-winable fight, please, just buy this game, okay?
Great experiencembridgmon | Nov. 10, 2014 | See all mbridgmon's reviews »
This was certainly my game of the year for 2013. This is one game where I didn't mind the busy work, and the small missions they use to fill time. The further I progressed through the game, the more powerful my character felt, the more I wanted to unlock weapons and outposts; it kept me wanting to play the game even after I completed it. I highly recommend this game, and I'm looking forward to FC4!
Tropical Action Movie Fantasydracongard | Nov. 9, 2014 | See all dracongard's reviews »
Ever loved wanting to feel like Rambo using a bow to take out enemies in the brush? Or just taking a huge gun and just shoot up armored baddies? This game has a little bit of everything. It has a few moments of glitches or bad AI but the other moments make it magical. Even after two years its a blast to just drive around and blow outposts up. If you want a shooter with a challenge or two around, then pick this up.
The perfect mix of FPS and open world.heerox328 | Nov. 8, 2014 | See all heerox328's reviews »
Do you enjoy first person shooters? Do you enjoy open world games? Far Cry 3 might be for you.
An amazing and wild story. A incredibly compelling and enticing antagonist. A beautiful, lush environment with plenty of activities to do.
Amazing driving physics, beautiful visuals, and an absolute pleasure to play. Far Cry 3 is a wild, exotic, and unique FPS that is unlike any other.
It's an RPG. It's an FPS. It's an open world game. It's multiplayer. It's even cooperative. The game is whatever you make it, and you have the freedom to play your own way.
I highly recommend the game, especially for the single player. The shooting mechanics are superb and the finishing moves and predator progression trees are incredibly addictive and exciting.
Crafting and hunting are also incredibly addictive with plenty of distractions to keep you busy on this large island. I highly recommend this game. Easily one of the best FPSs I have played in the last few years (Metro LL and Halo 4 being among them). Pick this game up. It's an absolute blast.
Great gameamarcoe | Oct. 21, 2014 | See all amarcoe's reviews »
This game is great, I played it for 27 hours and don't regret having spent a single one on it. The gameplay is really fun and it's just all in all a great open world/rpg game. It has a long story with a ton of side activities such as hunting, taking down outposts and assassination missions. My only complaint would have to be the end, it was just terrible I won't spoil it but it didn't live up to the game as a whole.