Far Cry 3 (NA)
This game requires a free UPLAY account to play.
"Far Cry 3 is important for the same reason as Far Cry 2. It's a shooter that considers shooters thoughtfully, both in the way they're designed and the way we play them, and then asks us to do the same." - IGN.com
"All of it is entertaining, and it gives you a sense that the island is little more than your plaything- a feeling that's only emphasized as your skills increase and you become a badass cross between Turok and Rambo. It's for that reason that Far Cry 3 comes across as a fresh experience and ranks up there as one of the best shooters of 2012." - worthplaying.com
Beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun. Discover the island’s dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity… You’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
- AN OPEN WORLD FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER - Create your own FPS adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns or long-range sniping.
- AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY - Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges and swampy grasslands to white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games and travel quickly by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more!
- UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS - Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey to the dark side of humanity, written by a Writers Guild Award winner.
- PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN - Play online and team up in a four-player campaign which challenges you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds.
- A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER - Innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates and calling in support weapons. After each match, players have the choice to punish or show mercy for their foes in fun and twisted ways, choreographed with interactive cutscenes.
- USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT- The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry® Map Editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of all-new content with the very best being showcased for the whole world to enjoy. Using the included tools, you too can make amazing maps, quickly and easily.
- CUTTING-EDGE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY - Far Cry® 3 is being developed by the world-class game designers who brought you such critically acclaimed titles as Assassin’s Creed® 2, Assassin’s Creed®Brotherhood, and World in Conflict®.
Extraordinary Campaign!cruzerblade271 | Oct. 4, 2014 | See all cruzerblade271's reviews »
The story and the dialogues are so good that you will complete the campaign before anything else xD.
The best part is that when you complete the campaign there are so many other things to do like Hunt, Capture, Explore and more!
Like a One-Man Hit Squadlairdjaren | Sept. 7, 2014 | See all lairdjaren's reviews »
Part of me wants to hate on Far Cry 3, because of its boring characters and lacklustre storyline, which wavers between tedious and mildly offensive. King Solomon's Mine is probably more culturally sensitive. That being said, Far Cry 3 is a fun maybe even addictive game, particularly if you enjoy free roaming exploration mixed with tense combat.
What Far Cry 3 does absolutely right is give the sense that the player is a complete badass guerrilla warrior. Combat, particularly open world encounters such as base capture, assassination, patrol ambush, and hunting, is open to creativity and rewards elegance. You're also encouraged to take complete advantage of terrain, wild animals, flaming wrecks, and other features of the jungle to whittle down numerically superior foes. Add in customisable weapons and an impressive skill tree that facilitates glorious cinematic combat sequences without relying on quick time events and you'll feel like the stealthy alpha predator of this island paradise.
Open World Gamingyngdr | Aug. 15, 2014 | See all yngdr's reviews »
Great story with twists and turns.
Great open world adventure lets you play missions when you want not tied to a linear experience.
Weapons are fun to play with and most of them can be upgraded.
Hunting for pelts and plants offer a great way to upgrade your adventures, or if feel lucky don't and play with limits on carry capacity or lack of heals, play how you want.
Buy this game and have fun
In Love With This Game!JerDude0711 | Aug. 6, 2014 | See all JerDude0711's reviews »
I just got a brand new PC and this is the game I've been addicted to! I love the feel of the engine, the way the guns shoot, movement, etc. I've cranked the graphics to it's highest and it looks gorgeous! As far as free roam goes there is quite a lot to do, while it is a bit repetive (towers, liberating villages) I still love it! Also the world is huge, a lot of the time I just go hunting!
I picked this game up in anticipation for Far Cry 4 and because of play 3, I am super hyped for 4!
An awesome open world.Pro_Fish | July 31, 2014 | See all Pro_Fish's reviews »
Far Cry 3 is a fantastic leap forward in the Far Cry franchise with its sprawling and interesting open world, as well as its characters who for the most part have a depth usually not scene in the average game. The story is a bit cliched, with the protagonist going from a spoiled 20 something to an expert killer/hunter, but all in all this game is fantastic. The gun play is another solid aspect that adds very much to the games value. The guns, for the most part, feel powerful and effective, and as such, a head shot has a meaty feel to it. Overall, this is an experience not to be missed that I can't recommend enough.