Far Cry 3 (NA)
This game requires a free UPLAY account to play.
Golden Joystick Category Winner
"Far Cry 3 is important for the same reason as Far Cry 2. It's a shooter that considers shooters thoughtfully, both in the way they're designed and the way we play them, and then asks us to do the same." - IGN.com
"All of it is entertaining, and it gives you a sense that the island is little more than your plaything- a feeling that's only emphasized as your skills increase and you become a badass cross between Turok and Rambo. It's for that reason that Far Cry 3 comes across as a fresh experience and ranks up there as one of the best shooters of 2012." - worthplaying.com
Players are talking about this game right now - find out more on Playfire.
Beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun. Discover the island’s dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity… You’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
- AN OPEN WORLD FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER - Create your own FPS adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns or long-range sniping.
- AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY - Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges and swampy grasslands to white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games and travel quickly by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more!
- UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS - Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey to the dark side of humanity, written by a Writers Guild Award winner.
- PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN - Play online and team up in a four-player campaign which challenges you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds.
- A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER - Innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates and calling in support weapons. After each match, players have the choice to punish or show mercy for their foes in fun and twisted ways, choreographed with interactive cutscenes.
- USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT- The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry® Map Editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of all-new content with the very best being showcased for the whole world to enjoy. Using the included tools, you too can make amazing maps, quickly and easily.
- CUTTING-EDGE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY - Far Cry® 3 is being developed by the world-class game designers who brought you such critically acclaimed titles as Assassin’s Creed® 2, Assassin’s Creed®Brotherhood, and World in Conflict®.
Very Fun Co-opnorthmane | Feb. 10, 2014 | See all northmane's reviews »
Far Cry 3 is one of those games you hope lives up to the hype and it actually does. Great story, acting and action/challenges keeps you coming back for more. Played the co-op with friends over the holidays and it was fun. The missions are short about 5 minutes each but due to the challenge for a few of them, you need to plan your strategy as a group in order to complete them. Overall, fun and well balanced for experienced players.
AWESOMEDHalv | Feb. 8, 2014 | See all DHalv's reviews »
This game is my number 1 favorite of all time. I got it unsure of what to expect, but I am glad that I did. The character arc of Jason, coupled with the massive open world, pop culture references, and themes from works such as Lord of the Flies makes his descent into insanity unforgettable. While the base game can be a bit easy at times (the only reason I knocked off 5 points), the modding community is great -- it even has its own nexus page. This unlocks the potential for multiple playthroughs with greater challenge. Overall, in my opinion this is the best game of all time.
Good game - very graphic heavydamienjameswebb | Jan. 30, 2014 | See all damienjameswebb's reviews »
Far Cry 3 is one of those perfect games. Something that you can always come to again and again and enjoy thoroughly. The story is solid, the game-play is solid, and the world is absolutely beautiful. The only issue i came across was trying to get it to work on my laptop. I got it working only after a little tweak here and there and even still was not the best it could be. If run on a decent computer it would would would be an amazing experience. The pacing of the game is very well done and the missions keep the options fresh and interesting (even if the main missions are a little strait forward)
Overall, a good game but needs a little more work in the way of performance compatibility.
Vivid Wildlife & Gameplaytheshoemann | Jan. 27, 2014 | See all theshoemann's reviews »
I picked this game up somewhat on a whim, but had heard really great reviews of it. The story is interesting and action packed, but seemed kind of short compared to most stories. The large selling point to me was the wild life and how the player could manipulate the wildlife to their offensive advantage through the story. The hunting and assassination missions were rather fun, but the other side missions seemed lacking compared to the rest of the game.
Compellingchataolauj | Jan. 23, 2014 | See all chataolauj's reviews »
This game is everything you would want in a action shooter. The visuals of this game are awesome and the gameplay is awesome too! Awesome and any other synonyms of awesome are really the only words you can use to describe this game. The characters are what makes you hold on to your mouse/controller for hours and hours. This game will make you play non-stop until you're finished with it. There are two endings to this game as well. One of them is pretty stupid, and the other is sad. Really good game, so get it while you have money because I don't think there will be a permanent price drop anytime soon. It does go on sale on various websites every now and then.