Far Cry 3 (NA)
This game requires a free UPLAY account to play.
"Far Cry 3 is important for the same reason as Far Cry 2. It's a shooter that considers shooters thoughtfully, both in the way they're designed and the way we play them, and then asks us to do the same." - IGN.com
"All of it is entertaining, and it gives you a sense that the island is little more than your plaything- a feeling that's only emphasized as your skills increase and you become a badass cross between Turok and Rambo. It's for that reason that Far Cry 3 comes across as a fresh experience and ranks up there as one of the best shooters of 2012." - worthplaying.com
Beyond the reach of civilization lies a lawless island ruled by violence. This is where you find yourself stranded, caught in a bloody conflict between psychotic warlords and indigenous rebels. Struggling to survive, your only hope of escape is through the muzzle of a gun. Discover the island’s dark secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to your advantage; and outwit its cast of ruthless, deranged inhabitants. Beware the beauty and mystery of this island of insanity… You’ll need more than luck to escape alive.
- AN OPEN WORLD FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER - Create your own FPS adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission, whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns or long-range sniping.
- AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY - Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges and swampy grasslands to white sandy beaches. Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games and travel quickly by land, sea or air. Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more!
- UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS - Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey to the dark side of humanity, written by a Writers Guild Award winner.
- PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN - Play online and team up in a four-player campaign which challenges you to be your best and work together to prevail. Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds.
- A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER - Innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play. To level up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates and calling in support weapons. After each match, players have the choice to punish or show mercy for their foes in fun and twisted ways, choreographed with interactive cutscenes.
- USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT- The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry® Map Editor is back, with new and improved features. A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of all-new content with the very best being showcased for the whole world to enjoy. Using the included tools, you too can make amazing maps, quickly and easily.
- CUTTING-EDGE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY - Far Cry® 3 is being developed by the world-class game designers who brought you such critically acclaimed titles as Assassin’s Creed® 2, Assassin’s Creed®Brotherhood, and World in Conflict®.
Everything you want in a game!eduardXD | July 26, 2014 | See all eduardXD's reviews »
The story grabs you from the beginning, you can see how Jason evolves, gaining experience, integrating with the island and everything in it. The campaign is long but is not boring, and adding the many quests you can releasing towers and position , we will have many hours of entertainment! A graphic aspect very well done, day, night, rain, storms, spectacular sunrises. Many weapons to choose from bows, pistols, shotguns, sniper rifles, flamethrowers, missile launchers and thousands more, many of these modifiable. Besides all this features , it also has cooperative and competitive online mode, making Far Cry 3 one of the most complete games ever!
Great Open World Game884okeoJ | July 4, 2014 | See all 884okeoJ's reviews »
Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry game yet. It perfects the balance between fun and serious storytelling, and will leave you satisfied long after the game is finished. The story is somewhat uninspired, telling a story of Jason Brody, a man stranded on an island who has to rescue his friends while dealing with a psychopathic man named Vaas. What I really enjoyed about Far Cry 3 was the surreal and mythical elements sprinkled in throughout the course of the story, which I thought gave the game much more intrigue.
The graphics are fantastic, and the voice work is great. The RPG elements are blended well with the first person shooter gameplay, which is fantastic. You're given an incredible amount of freedom on the island to roam, hunt wildlife, and take over outposts. If you're a fan of open world games, this is a perfect game for you.
The best in the seriesmugaro | June 16, 2014 | See all mugaro's reviews »
All of the elements from Far Cry 1 & 2 that didn't work are gone, all of the good ideas are improved. It's like Just Cause 2 in a FPS, only done in a serious and non-campy way.
Great story, great gameplay, great voice acting, memorable characters, awesome open world view with lots to do. ~20 hours of gameplay if you do all the radio towers & outposts (and you should).
My one complaint is that it needs more Vaas and the second half of the game is kind of a dropoff. Other than that, this is a great game. Skyrim with guns is pretty accurate.
Far Cry 3ebeaver1016 | May 13, 2014 | See all ebeaver1016's reviews »
This game has amazing graphics. There is such detail in characteristics and environment. I enjoyed the game from the start all the way to the finish. There is a story that you follow. This makes it a pleasure to play. This is an open world game where you can pretty much tackle whatever you want when you want. There are a lot of side quests that you can explore. You can also improve your skills and upgrade your materials so that you can carry more items.
This type of game makes me appreciate those game developers that put a lot of detail and time into the game. I feel that the game was really fulfilling and I am eager to see a sequel. I played the first and second Far Cry and this closely resembles the second one, but the third is more improved. I purchased this game on sale. I would definitely recommend this.
Near-Perfect Gameripred43 | April 19, 2014 | See all ripred43's reviews »
Far Cry 3 is probably the closest anyone will get to making a perfect AAA title. Everything from the graphics to the voice acting is done almost perfectly in Far Cry 3. The story is compelling and the characters are all very interesting. Jason, the character you play, does learn how to handle guns and survive in the wild rather quickly, but other than that there aren't any huge discrepancies in the story that might break your immersion.
I've played the campaign twice, and I will probably play it a third time,because Far Cry 3 is one of the most entertaining games ever made.