Flight Simulator X: DC-3 Legends of Flight DLC
This fantastic package features the Douglas DC-3 in seven classic airline liveries, as well as two USAAF C-47 transports and an RAF Dakota. Also included are the AC-47 gunship, which saw service in the Vietnam war, and a fully flyable Waco CG-4A glider!
The aircraft exteriors and virtual cockpits are all modelled to the highest level of detail, and civilian passenger cabins and military cargo holds are modelled with appropriate animations - suitably dressed stewardesses and crew vehicles for the airliners, and cargo and troops in the military transports.
Fly the many variants of a true Legend of Flight!
- Fully detailed Pratt & Whitney and Wright Cyclone radial engines with detailed ignition systems, pushrods etc.
- Animations include doors, access panels, correct cowl flap operation (rubber spacers between vanes) and many more
- Reflective, bump and specular effects for realistic metal, fabric and riveted surfaces
- High quality sound set
- Superb detail throughout - undercarriage detail, 'block' tread on tyres, mini-guns in the AC-47 gunships
- Custom flight dynamics
- Comprehensive manual
- Layered paint kit for the DC-3 and C-47
- Special effects including engine start-up smoke and exhaust flames
- Checklists and Reference files
Not worth the price.ruready12 | Aug. 3, 2012 | See all ruready12's reviews »
This DLC is quite expensive but does contain a rather decent amount of content to add to the game. There are included HD Sound sets, Paint kits for 2 other planes, new special effects and overall improved graphics over the base game. However, I wouldn't really say that this DLC is worth it as the content large but contains nothing that would make the game more interesting or more satisfying. This DLC is not really worth the money and I would not recommend it.