The Sims 4 (NA)
Third party DRM: OriginPlease note that the free third-party service, Origin, must be used to activate this title.
The Sims 4 is the highly anticipated life simulation game that lets you play with life like never before. Create new Sims with intelligence and emotion, whose every action is informed and affected by their interactions and emotional states. Experience all new intuitive and fun creative tools. Sculpt your Sims in Create A Sim and construct unique homes with the tactile room-based Build Mode. Control the mind, body, and heart of your Sims with dynamic, emotion-rich gameplay, and bring your stories to life.
- New Sims – Create and control more intelligent, more relatable, and emotionally rich Sims.
- Intelligence – Your Sims move and act more naturally than ever before, from multitasking to expressing their emotions by the way they walk. Choose the personalities of your Sims, select their aspirations, and explore the depth of their lifelong goals through your Sims’ thoughts, social skills, careers, and memories.
- Emotional Depth – For the first time, Sims feel and express emotions. Your Sims can experience a diverse range and depth of emotional states and are influenced through other Sims, actions, events, memories, or even by the clothing and objects you choose. Emotions offer you more choice by giving you the opportunity to create richer stories with even more possibilities.
- New Creative Tools – Create A Sim and Build are more powerful, intuitive, and fun than ever before. You have the freedom to sculpt Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new room-based Build Mode.
- Vibrant Neighborhoods – Chose among brilliant and diverse lots for your Sims to live in. Vivid visuals bring your Sim’s home to life.
- Rich Rewards – Earn new objects, outfits, and traits by completing events, discovering collectables, and unlocking achievements.
- Share Your Creations – Share your Sims’ households with your friends and the community. Download community creations for an all-new look.
MehKyleeSunshine | Oct. 7, 2014 | See all KyleeSunshine's reviews »
Well, so far the Sims 4 is really buggy. It doesn't have a lot of the features that the Sims 3 had that I loved (e.g. family tree). I don't like the new way it transports you to places, when you want to travel to someones house, it takes you to this loading screen, and takes forever, even if the person's house it RIGHT next door. I do like how they have moods and the new create a Sim A LOT. All in all, I think the Sims 3 is better than the Sims 4.
Same old same oldShaide | Oct. 2, 2014 | See all Shaide's reviews »
I'm not sure what I expected really, but this game really let me down. There's nothing really new here! If you own a past sims game, then you don't really need this, unless the enhanced graphics(And trust me on this, they ARE enhanced!) is a "Must buy" reason.
The series just seems to be getting stale, and they are releasing sequels for the sake of having sequels at this point. They don't bring anything new to the table, just increased system requirements. Honestly? You would be better off with sims 2 or 3. It's cheaper, and offers the same thing.
WorthMoohky | Sept. 8, 2014 | See all Moohky's reviews »
If you have the creative mind to build homes and then live in them, then this is the game for you. It is an amazing game to play and gets really addicting. I stayed up all night when i started playing, couldn't resist the fun. Give this game a 8/10 only because it does not have pools. For those who say is bad, don't listen to them. The game just came out and still has over 100 expansions to be released!
Seems like a good gameBrockist_ | Sept. 7, 2014 | See all Brockist_'s reviews »
Some things have been left out, eg: Toddlers, Carrying your baby, Pools, create a style, and open world, I feel that this game is a great game. Some of these things were necessary to take out such as open world because if you keep an open world it lags your game by rendering a lot of un-needed items, also create a style was probably removed due to the amount of textures that needed to be loaded. Overall I love the game, the overhauled Build Mode and Create a Sim are the focal features as well as all of the new emotions.
TL:DR Sims 4 is a great game, if you're willing to look past a few downsides and the price.
PS: Take advantage of this sale GMG has going! It makes the game even more worth it!
A good gameJNKRedsox | Sept. 4, 2014 | See all JNKRedsox's reviews »
There have been many people complaining about the lack of features not in the game as well as the loading screens and small world. I am disappointing about all of those but the game is still fun and good. It loads much faster than Sims 3 ever did and it saves faster as well. You can still navigate through the neighborhood you are in without a loading screen but when you do encounter a loading screen, they are very quick, 30 seconds top. The gameplay is much smoother than The Sims 3 ever was. The lack of features and careers is a let down but just like any other Sims game, they come with the DLC. I give this an overall rating of 84.