Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (NA)
Third party DRM: OriginPlease note that the free third-party service, Origin, must be used to activate this title.
In the year 2062, humanity found itself on the brink of extinction. Tiberium, the mysterious, alien crystalline structure that infested Earth for decades and caused years of relentless conflict between the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod, was close to rendering the planet uninhabitable. In the midst of this crisis, Kane, Nod’s prophetic leader, emerged from seclusion to deliver GDI the message that he had developed a system that could control Tiberium and harness its power. But he could not build this “Tiberium Control Network” without GDI’s cooperation. Thus, the two opposing factions—GDI and Nod—found themselves in a desperate and unlikely alliance to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind.
Now, after 15 years, the network is nearly complete. Tiberium is under strict control and our revitalized planet is on the cusp of a new age of prosperity and progress. It is only now that the world’s citizens begin to seriously ponder why Kane chose to help, and what he will want in return. These questions and more lead to the dramatic final act of the Tiberium saga.
• The Epic Conclusion to the Tiberium Saga – Kane returns in the thrilling conclusion to one of gaming’s longest running storylines, told through gritty live-action cinematics. Choose to take on the campaign solo or team up with a friend and play cooperatively!
• Persistent Player Progression – The more enemy units you destroy, the more experience points you earn to progress your player profile! Level up to unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to make your army more powerful!
• Always on the Move – For the first time ever in the C&C series: a massive, mobile, all-in-one base, The Crawler, lets you pack up and move your base with your army for a new layer of strategic depth. Build units as you move across the field, and deploy whenever and wherever you choose!
• Choose Your Class – Choose from three unique classes from both GDI and Nod, each with its own specialized units and powers, for more strategic and combative options that match your play style of choice! Offense, Defense, or Support classes—which will you pick?
• Team Up and Take the Battle Online – Join your fellow commanders online and tackle your opponents in the biggest C&C multiplayer to date, featuring 5 vs 5 objective-based battles! Choose your favorite class and take online strategy action to the next level as you conquer objectives while pummeling your enemies. The all-new party system lets you move with your party of friends from one online battle to the next.
A major dissapointment.Bigshrimp | Feb. 7, 2013 | See all Bigshrimp's reviews »
They completely changed the core gameplay of the series with this game. Ruining it for their fans; there is no base building, no resource management, and it just feels bland. The basic strategy is just make your units attack the enemy. You still get the cheesy cutscenes you are used to, but the gameplay is just horrendously bad. Even the unlocks in the game are terribly ineffective. I really have a hard time giving this anything but a 40 or below since it dissapoints so much. Its odd that C&C3 was such a good Command and Conquer game and decide to change everything that made it so good just to annoy and tarnish the series in such a bad way. I would definately recommend a pass on playing this game.