Desert Stormfront is a Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game situated in the Middle East. You play on hot desert landscapes for power and oil. Units at your disposal include Humvees, Tanks, Artillery, Mechanics, Helicopters, Planes, Ships and Submarines amongst others. Desert Stormfront supports multiplayer games over LAN and internet including co-op multiplayer.
The game features 30 pre-defined campaign missions where you take command of the Western coalition and fight battles in the Middle East for control of major cities, oil fields and military structures. Nations in play are the USA, England, France, Italy, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Afghanistan plus a rebel faction.
Desert Stormfront contains a random map generator in addition to the 30 campaign missions. Scenarios include eliminating enemy forces, capturing the flag, defending against incoming troops, convoy missions, sea and air battles as well as tank fights. The game keeps track of high scores and playing statistics.
- Real-Time Strategy (RTS) in the Middle East
- Tutorial (for RTS beginners)
- Single Player and Multiplayer (over the LAN and Internet)
- 30 Campaign Missions
- Random Map Generator
- 16 Mobile Units including: Humvees, Tanks, Artillery, 4x4, Mechanic, Trucks, Planes, Chinook, Gunboat, Submarine, Cruiser and Carrier
- 1 Special Unit: Super-Hovercraft
- 4 Land Structures: Base Station, Shipyard, Airfield and Oil Field
- Nations: USA, England, France, Italy, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Afghanistan plus a rebel faction
- Team-Play (included in multiplayer)
- High Score and Playing Statistics
- Fog of War/Exploration Fog
- Challenging AI with 4 Difficulty Settings
- Enganging Music and Sound Effects
Old style RTSLiverpool1971 | June 16, 2013 | See all Liverpool1971's reviews »
The game is pretty good if you don’t mind the graphics. If you want to take a break from intense RTS war games and play a war game witch playing let you relax a bit this is the title for you. You don’t have to gather any resources. The only thing you have to do is to capture oil fields in order to get money to buy more units. Despite the simplicity of the game, it’s still fun to play. Only the first campaign battles are really easy, so you can get the idea that the game will be boring, but the level of difficulty increases quickly enough, so do not worry.