Third party DRM: SteamThis game requires a free Steam account to play.
"RUSE takes a while to warm up, but once it does, it's cracking stuff, as the game's unfailingly proper British generals would no doubt put it." - IGN.com
"R.U.S.E. might be the best RTS released this year, and it is certainly the most original." - GameShark.com
R.U.S.E™ is a one-of-a-kind real-time strategy game that allows players to bluff their enemies to lead their nation to victory, controlling the action using views that range seamlessly from the heart of the battlefield to the full theatre of war. Players will be plunged into the action thanks to the exclusive IRISZOOM® engine which offers an intuitive interface that allows for smooth, rapid transitions from a birds-eye view of the entire conflict, down into the heat of the battle and vice versa.
In R.U.S.E, your brain is your ultimate weapon as you fight a war of perception, where your ability to deceive and mislead your enemy determines success. A first in a strategy game, R.U.S.E reinvigorates the genre by using deception to give new-found depth to the gameplay.
Become a master of deception
- Fight a war of perception using recon units & your spy network to gather intelligence on your enemy and then strike his Achilles heel!
- Use deception skills to mislead your enemy: decoys, camouflage, radio silence, deciphering…
- Combine military maneuvers & cunning strategies to achieve victory: your brain is the ultimate weapon!
- From captain to the chief in command, live an epic campaign full of manipulation, jealousy & betrayal!
Experience War as a Strategist
- Command a huge spectrum of units: dozens of infantry, vehicles & aircraft units with specific abilities
- Wield executive power: secure revenues, plan units production & launch advanced research programs
- Undermine the enemy strategy by cutting off its supply lines & weakening its logistics
- Use the exclusive IRISZOOM® engine to quickly and intuitively zoom into the battlefield and out to the full theatre of war
- Fight on immense & incredibly detailed maps, the biggest in an RTS: a perfect playground for strategy!
Fooling real people is the ultimate thrill
- Test your strategic skills with fast-paced, addictive cooperative & adversarial skirmishes, up to 8 players
- Face unpredictable battle situations & reverse the balance of power by using bluff and deception against your opponents
- Choose your nation – choose between 6 Axis or Allied powers with specific units & abilities
Fun RTSPercyro | Jan. 8, 2014 | See all Percyro's reviews »
I'll be honest and say this isn't my favorite strategy game, but it is fun. There is a campaign, but I have played more online battles with my friend. Basically you have to destroy the enemy on the map, and in campaign, complete certain objectives as to how you do that. The graphics are pretty good and it's kind of cool that you are fighting on the command table. You also get a variety of different countries to play as. The controls do take some getting used to, but after a while they are easy. If you enjoy blowing stuff up with tanks and destroying enemy units and towns, plus love strategy, I'd recommend this game.