Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
Developed by Kerberos, Sword of the Stars is an epic space 4x Strategy game set in the year 2405 that allows players to play as one of four distinct galactic races, research over 150 distinct technologies, design and build ships across three size classes and wield over 40 weapons from six different weapon groups. Players can also choose from a variety of single-player scenario campaigns along with up to eight player multiplayer.
The first expansion, Born of Blood, unveils the merciless Zuul Slavers with over 90 brand new ship sections and their unique drive system, the Tunnel Drive. It also introduces a variety of new game features including slavery, trade routes and diplomatic communications, as well as 25 additional technologies, 15 more weapons, new ship sections for the original four races as well as new scenarios, maps and galactic encounters.
A Murder of Crows introduces a sixth new race in the form of The Morrigi with their unique ‘Grav Flock’ Drive System, 27 additional technologies, 15 more weapons along with construction ships, orbital stations, spy ships, police cutters and more.
The third and final expansion, Argos Naval Yard, completes Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection with 19 more new technologies, over 75 additional ship sections to build, 10 weapons, three scenarios, as well as single player/multiplayer with co-op scenario maps.
- 4 distinct races - Human, Hiver, Tarkas and Liir
- A powerful state of the art engine delivers breathtaking graphics and robust gameplay
- Each race has a unique mode of transport between star systems
- Slider bar controls and simplified interface
- Over 150 distinct technologies to research on a dynamic tech tree
- Over 40 weapons from six different weapon classes
- Players can design and build ships from three size classes
- Up to 8 players can play against the AI and one another over LAN or online
- Choose from a variety of scenario campaigns to play alone or with friends
Born of Blood:
- Play as the merciless Zuul Slavers with over 90 brand-new ship sections and their unique drive system – the Tunnel Drive
- Over 25 additional technologies, including new diplomacy and intelligence gathering techs
- 15 more weapons you can add to your ship designs
- New ship sections for the original four races •4 additional encounters, a new grand menace, - plus 3 unique scenarios & 6 original maps
- New game features, including Slavery, Trade Routes, and Diplomatic Communications
A Murder of Crows:
- A New Sixth race – The Morrigi -Over a dozen new ship sections for all races to match against your opponents
- Unique ‘Grav Flock’ Drive System for Morrigi Ships
- 15 new weapons
- 27 new technologies and the new Xeno-Cultural and Drones tech trees
- Drone carrying ships in all three size classes •Construction ships, a variety of orbital stations, spy ships, Police Cutters, and more
- A whole new set of GUI enhancements and additions
Nice for RTS fans.dark2025 | Sept. 21, 2012 | See all dark2025's reviews »
A fun space RTS game with some very unique races and a very in-depth research tree. Empire management is simple enough, but the interface could use some work. Combat on the other hand, that can get a little tricky. Still, if you're a fan of space RTSs like Sins of a Solar Empire, then you should give this one a chance. Having all the expansions are nice too since there are many additions that make the base game better.
Sinshotmando1 | Aug. 13, 2011 | See all hotmando1's reviews »
Looking for an alternative to games like Sins of a solar empire? Then you'll find yourself pleased with Sword of the Star. Think of Sword as a game with more focus on the action part, less about the economy and such. What's better? It's RTs as well, so you'll feel right in. Did I mention you get to suit up your own ships, even up to how they look? Really, this game is more about fun instead of skill. It's for people that want ships to fire laser beams nonstop. Not to mention the fantastic plot that trails behind it! Visually speaking..it is pretty sweet. Not annoying or too old for anyone! Has a little cartoony feel to it though. Good buy!
A great addition to your strategy collection!!Xbomborz | Aug. 9, 2011 | See all Xbomborz's reviews »
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection is an amazing set of Sword of the Stars and its expansion that continue its great story, artful gameplay, and beautiful design assests. Filled with random events, action packed gameplay, a great score and voicework, and nonstop fun, Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection is a wonderful addition to any strategy fan's collection.
Nice Space Strategy!etnies | Aug. 9, 2011 | See all etnies's reviews »
The game is an RTS, game set in space. You have ships to command and have to try the defeat the enemies. There are lots of features included in this collection that will leave you with many thing to do. The graphics aren't too bad and the voice acting is alright as well. If you are looking for a RTS in space take a look at this one.