The Stronghold Collection
Enjoy the complete medieval experience in The Stronghold Collection, featuring five real-time strategy games. Create and defend your castle stronghold as you expand your lands, survey the castle life in your domain, host great jousting festivals and feasts, or conduct public executions to keep the peasantry in line.
The ultimate medieval RTS package contains:
- Stronghold: The original castle sim that started it all
- Stronghold 2: The King, having fled after the defeat of his own armies, now attempts to rule his country from a secret location. Powerful barons now jostle for what is fast becoming a disintegrating kingdom – it is up to you to stem the tides of their ambition and unite the land under the king again!
- Stronghold Crusader: Journey to distant Arabian lands renowned for brave warriors and fearsome weaponry as you lead a determined group of Crusaders. Now you have the chance to relive the historic Crusades in four campaigns as Richard the Lionheart and Saladin, the Sultan of Syria.
- Stronghold Crusader Extreme: Extreme adds on 20 new missions, new buildings, and larger armies of 10,000 troops.
- Stronghold Legends: Lead as fantasy characters throughout history: King Arthur and the forces of Camelot, Siegfried and Dietrich in the German Ice Campaign, and unleash the fury of the forces of evil in Vlad Dracul’s Transylvania.
- Updated for Windows 7 and Vista compatibility
I love these gameschivshiv | March 3, 2013 | See all chivshiv's reviews »
Sure they are older, but these are some of the greatest economy games I have ever played.
The games in this collection are great if you like economy games. They are older so the system requirements are less, in fact play these on my little 11z laptop that has a hard time playing minecraft.
If you like economy games or tactical war games, you will like these. If you don't like setting up an economy and doing things like hanging or stoning peasants, sending hundreds of archers and knights to defeat the Noble who happens to live next to you, or setting up shop in a rocky valley to ambush an incoming invasion .. you probably don't want these.
Fantastic collectiondark2025 | Sept. 21, 2012 | See all dark2025's reviews »
Great collection of castle building games (although Crusader is more about the combat). Good combination of city management and combat, but it does get HARD (Crusader Extreme comes to mind...).
Stronghold 1 is still one of my favourites, despite its perhaps dated graphics, especially with no way to increase resolution, but it's extremely satisfying to build a bustling castle and then send hundreds of troops to take down your enemy's.
One of the best collections out there.Xgoesrawr | Sept. 6, 2012 | See all Xgoesrawr's reviews »
Stronghold 1: The game that started a fun castle building franchise that didn't take itself too seriously. Don't be fooled by the graphics as its an amazing game. The voice acting is still enjoyable to this day.
Crusader: This is the one I've spent the most time playing out of this collection. It added a few things the original game didn't have such as skirmish mode.
Stronghold 2: Its a pretty fun game. The honor system was different and I think the estate system could've been better. The graphical update from the first game and Crusader was very welcomed.
Legends: I admittedly haven't played this one too much.
This collection is amazing and is worth playing.
Great PriceMikester7 | Aug. 31, 2012 | See all Mikester7's reviews »
First of all I need to make clear that the Stronghold series is VERY hit and miss. By that I mean Stronghold 1 and Stonghold Crusader are superb games worth the investment, though all of the others are very poor. The amazing castle simulation and sieges are the highlights here. My personal favourite is Stronghold Crusader, I believe it is the best out of all of them, so I will be basing my rating off that. I'm not sure about extreme, I've never played it, though I have heard it is too expensive for what you get, so now is certainly a great time to try it out considering you get them all at such a great price. I believe any strategy fan should be buying this, even Stronghold Crusader alone is worth the price tag.
Buy it for CrusaderROKET | July 3, 2012 | See all ROKET's reviews »
If there is any game within this collection that I loved the most it was Stronghold Crusader. I cannot tell you how many hours I spent on that pointless campaign just trying to beat out the challenges and building huge castles.
I loved resource management, I loved the units, I loved combat, and I loved the satisfaction of tearing down the enemy block by crumbling block. It was magnificent.
The best part of Crusader was that it could run on any computer and ran wonderfully. It was just an amazingly solid game with great controls and the ability to customize your castle any way you liked.
I highly recommend this value bundle just for the sake of Crusader.