Ballistic Overkill 'Bloodlust' update is Live!
Back on the 1st of August, we released the beta version of the 'Rounds' update. Since then, we have taken onboard the loads of player feedback we received, added in a number of additional improvements of our own and have come up with the all new, all awesome 'Bloodlust' update.
The 'Bloodlust' update is everything you should expect from Ballistic Overkill and more... You told us that the 'Rounds' update was too passive. Well no longer - only the brave will succeed and the weak beaten.
- The earlier you score a kill, the higher the points awarded will be.
- With multi-kills at a premium, they now score double.
- The Rounds game mode now features on the Leaderboards
For a full breakdown of what has been included in the 'Bloodlust' update, read on....
- Added Rounds to Leaderboards - you must complete 5 ‘Rounds’ matches each month to get ranked into Monthly Leaderboards
- Added Rounds to Week Leaderboards (Same rules as other modes)
- Rounds warm-up time reduced from 34 to 26 seconds
- Fixed a bug in Rounds where the enemy becomes visible on the radar when nearby to enemy base
- Fixed bug on Reinstate map that allowed the Smoke team to access the map early
- Fixed the 'Killed By' message bug in the Rounds mode
- Added status of match to KillCam, so you can track your teammates progress while they are playing the current round.
- Added 'Bloodlust' system to the Rounds mode. We want to encourage combat and aggressive playing, so the faster you eliminate an opponent at the start of the game the higher the points you get (aside from 15 points, you get one point for every 2 seconds until the round ends, max 35). For example on the 1min 30 sec round count down, scoring could as follows:
- kill at 1:00 45 points
- kill at 0:42 36 points
- kill at 0:18 24 points
- and so on…
- Double, Triple and Overkill scores are double in Rounds
- In rounds mode, players receive the same points for both a 'kill' and a 'kill assist'
- Balance Changes
- Berserker weapons:
- Thumper: Fire rate slightly lowered
- Vanguard weapons:
- Jackhammer: Reload duration slightly increased and magazine size reduced from 8 to 7 bullets.
- Widower: Reduced damage slightly
- Tank Weapons:
- Mongoose: Increased slightly damage and fire rate
- Rhino: Increased slightly reload duration
- Rampart: Reduced number of bullets per shot from 17 to 15
- Berserker weapons:
- Core .net runtime was upgraded from 2.0 to 4.0 (This should reduce stuttering on low-end machines).
It's intense, it's full on and it's NEW!
Stay safe on the battlefield!
Ballistic Overkill is a bombastic, brutal, and bullet-filled multiplayer shooter. It blends classic arena shooter action with modern FPS gunplay giving you a fast paced class based shooter that’ll leave your opponents bloody on the battlefield. With a progression system that means your wins actually matter and a huge map pool with 4 varied game modes, there’s something for every shooter. Whether you prefer chasing team objectives or the thrill of classic deathmatch, Ballistic Overkill has the gun and the mode for you.
Pick a class, choose your gun, and dive right in, Ballistic Overkill has no barrier between you and immediate run and gun action. Designed from the outset to be ‘pick up and play’, Ballistic Overkill is for you regardless of your level of FPS experience.
Select one of 7 classes, each with their own style, weapons, and visuals. You get to play Ballistic Overkill the way YOU want to play it. Select from multiple loadouts with each class to tailor each character exactly the way you want to play. And remember there are no support classes, in Ballistic Overkill everyone is a killer!
- Berserker – deadly close combat rushdown expert
- Vanguard – master of field survival and assault specialist
- Wraith – infiltrator and ranged assassin
- Shadow – master of speed and stealth assassinations
- Grenadier – bane of the campers and explosions maniac
- Tank – towering machine-gun toting survival expert
- Marksman – perceptive and adaptable intelligence specialist
Maps and game modes
From parks, to malls, to abandoned hospitals and factories, Ballistic Overkill covers a wide variety of locations in its 10 maps. Each is filled with death, either your opponent’s or if you’re not ready…yours.
All maps feature multiple game modes to liven things up including:
- Team Deathmatch
- Free for All
- Capture Point
- King of the Hill
Steam Marketplace and Unlockables
With over 80 weapons in game, there's always a new way to kill your enemies in Ballistic Overkill, and with droppable skins that you can trade and/or sell through the Steam Market you can now do this with style and flair. The game features Class based lockboxes and drop Seasons that will change every few months so players can seek out the best skins and unlockables across 5 different rarity types. These unlockables will be dropped in keyless lockboxes so nothing will prevent you from opening them and grabbing the amazing content inside.
"It's insane, fast paced, and action packed in a way that's fun, and tactical." Spifferino, Steam User
"Can be enjoyed by both casual and competitive gamers." Skyrunes, Steam User
"I've really enjoyed playing this game through different versions to watch it evolve and once it's finished it's going to be a really fantastic game." Liamdawe, Gaming on Linux