Forced into the deep oceans by a Great Flood that occurred countless centuries ago, humanity now lives trapped under a thick layer of unbreakable ice and their survival hangs by a tenuous thread.Read full description
Forced into the deep oceans by a Great Flood that occurred countless centuries ago, humanity now lives trapped under a thick layer of unbreakable ice and their survival hangs by a tenuous thread. However, their penchant for perseverance is strong, and a new civilization has emerged with distinct kingdoms, religions and cultures. By a twist of fate you, an aspiring submarine captain, have been given the honour of commanding your first sub. With a brave crew at your command, you now venture into the unknown on a quest to discover humanity's greatest secret.
Explore the dangers of the depths in this beautifully realized flooded world, and unearth untold riches and glory. Discover the remnants of civilization in numerous unique towns and learn their local lore, trade stories and treasure, and hire crew new members.
Continuously improve each of the game's 9 unique pilotable submarines using a deep upgrade system, and gain access to new areas and loot. Discover numerous types of cannons and torpedoes to help you overcome the dangers of the deep, and assemble your own unique crew to brave it alongside you. Whether you wish to play as a silent hunter or a guns blazing dreadnought, arrange your crew members and weapons to fit your playstyle.
• A Beautiful Underwater World to Explore: Three massive and beautifully realized open sea zones to explore, each with their own factions, local stories and more
• Innovative Combination of 2D & 3D Graphics: Experience the mysteries of the deep in beautifully rendered 3D graphics as you navigate your submarine, and seamlessly switch to meticulously hand-painted 2D graphics when exploring towns and cities
• Thrilling Real-Time Submarine Combat: Utilize an arsenal of underwater weapons to engage in life-or-death firefights with other submarines and deadly terrifying creatures
• Crew Recruitment: Assemble your own unique crew to fight alongside you by recruiting different Helmsmen, Gunners and Sonar Technicians. Utilize each of their special skills and personalities to change the flow of combat and exploration.
• Upgradable Submarines: Continuously improve your vessel by acquiring new weapons that can dramatically change the tide of battle, and gain access to new areas by increasing its dive depth by collecting hull armour plates
• 9 Pilotable Submarines: Explore the world to uncover 9 unique pilotable submarines, each with their own feel, strengths and weaknesses
• Resource Management: This world is not for the faint of heart, as resources are limited and survival is a constant battle. You'll have to actively manage your food supplies and oxygen levels should you wish to keep your crew alive and overcome the perils of the sea
• Upgradeable Home Base: Build- and grow your own base of operations under the sea to house all your stand-by crew members and submarines. Upgrade your base to increase your notoriety and wealth, as upgraded bases can also house valuable opportunities, such as rare item merchants and bars with notorious sailors as patrons.
• Loot System: The world is filled with rare loot and hidden quests to discover.... Especially for those who dare to venture off the beaten path
• Terrifying Underwater Foes: Explore the world and test your bravery against giant sea creatures and mysteries undersea anomalies!
Diluvion is inspired by Julius Verne's prose, a three-dimensional game about exploring the depths of the sea, featuring RPG elements and incredible underwater fighting. As the captain of your own ship, you must increase your crew and manage it, while seeking the secrets of the past. Solid indie title and worth checking.
After an ice age that forced humanity to the depths of the oceans, you take the role of a submarine captain building your crew and unlocking secrets of the past. PROS + Good looking graphics + Strong musical score + Interesting idea with a lot of potential CONS - Auto-populate crew is counterintuitive - Lack of story is uninspiring - Darkness and lack of direction is frustrating - Controls do need some work I really wanted to love this game. I love FTL and I love the idea of futuristic sub games, but this game falls short on a lot of levels. Let me explain. You start the game without any sense of story except how the Earth got to where it is today. This wouldn't be an issue as you should be able to start fleshing things out as you go through conversations and missions, but there's none of that. Conversations are sparse (mostly grunts from random NPCs) and the missions are just as narrow. The missions feel like filler, but there's nothing more. You might pick up a different piece of equipment, but the rest feels empty. It gets old quick. The lack of direction makes it frustrating as well. You follow goldfish for a while, but they disappear leaving you in the darkness trying to find your way. It's so dark and bleak most of the time that you don't see much and get lost. You can get a crew, like in FTL, but you can't place them where you want. You can only hit a + and - to add/subtract crew from a location. The crew have stats (which are never explained) which affect the location you put them in so this becomes a frustrating case of trying to figure out which crew member the computer wants to work with next and trying to place them in the correct spot. This doesn't make me want to upgrade crew (which you find more often later on) because it is so frustrating. This is a serious misstep. I've only found 1 other weapon in 10 hours. The controls are a mishmash of traditional 3d fighter and sub simulation. They aren't bad once you figure out some of the unlisted commands such as hold W (the accelerate key) to unlock the camera so you can move one direction and shoot in the other, but it would be nice if the camera could be unlocked permanently freeing up a finger (and key). Lack of customization here. I tried a controller and like it, but your sub turns so slowly even with sensitivity cranked up it's almost useless. I had to develop a system of turning much like backing a car out of a driveway to turn around in time to fight an enemy. I know, this is a lot of negativity, but it's not all bad. The game looks great when you can see around your ship. All the glowing fish may be a bit much at save points, but they're pretty none-the-less. The drawn graphics in 2d mode look fun and give the game a unique flavour. The music is great, but sometimes will be low volume and sometimes high volume. Overall, it's an interesting idea that goes very little beyond that. It needs a lot of polishing and fleshing out before it will feel like a complete game. If they fix the issues (which I understand they are working on) it will easily be a buy.
The idea of the game is good, done with the soul. The game atmosphere is wonderful, nice graphics in a cartoon style, decent gameplay. First impressions are very positive...
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.