Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising is a mature, full-scale, action-adventure, massively multiplayer online role-playing game that immerses the audience in Roman mythology. Players strap on gladiator armor, lay waste to monsters and command minions while seeking favor from the gods. Each player's character is a Demigod, a child of both a god and a mortal, and is a celebrated Hero. These brave warriors combat an ancient enemy, the Telchine gods, who have returned to topple the empire and avenge their defeat at the hands of the Olympian gods.
* Unique Squad-Based Minion System * - Players can build their own squad of minions that level up with them. From fellow Roman soldiers to mythological creatures, squad members are earned, awarded and purchased as players progress through the game.
* Fully Customizable Estates * - Heroes begin the game with their estate at the foot of Mount Olympus destroyed by an army of cultists. The Hero's goal is to defeat the cultist army, regain the power of the gods and rebuild their Family Estate. Players can customize their estate with new buildings and structures that affect how their army of minions levels up and gains new powers and bring rare objects and resources back to their estate by completing quests throughout the game.
* Intense Combat Action * - Gods & Heroes offers intense combat expected in an action RPG. Players wield an arsenal of weapons and the powers of the gods themselves to perform combat moves which can be linked together, including dramatic finishing moves for intense battle sequences.
* Immortal Powers * - Aligned with the god of their choosing, players complete quests to earn favor and gain supremacy by using the powers of the gods.
* Deadly Mythological Beasts * - The heroes of Rome face Centaurs, Cyclopes and Medusa herself, each with unique sets of moves that provide an intense challenge to players as they lead their minions to victory.
* Graphic War * - Mature gamers will immerse themselves in an online experience made by grown-ups, for grown-ups. Players experience the kind of fierce brutality capable only of Roman Gods and the type of Heroes who fight in their honour.
Copyright © 2011 Heatwave Interactive. All rights reserved. Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising is a registered trademark of Heatwave Interactive, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The game was closed once before. I was in hopes of it rebooting as a f2p giving it some chance in the market today. I don't see how it could ever compete with p2p games such as Rift,Wow, and numerous other quality f2p games. The graphics are not eye candy, the game play feels similar to many already preexisting mmorpgs, and having an army to fight your enemies is very innovative but has many flaws incoming. How will it deal with parities and such armies? An army of five for each player? I think not. Auction and crafting is to be added later. Features that should be in the game already. It really feels like a rushed release. The beta didn't really shine for me as well. Although it was different, different isn't always better.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.