Paradox Development Studio and Hearts of Iron IV continue their musical synergy with Swedish heavy metal band Sabaton. Best known for their songs about real historical events and the human side of war, Sabaton has licensed ten new songs for Hearts of Iron IV, each illustrating a moment of World War II with passion and power chords.
The songs included in Sabaton Soundtrack Vol. 2 are:
1. Ghost Division: Tells the story of the elusive 7th Panzer Division.
2. Resist and Bite: Recounts the experiences of a Belgian division facing German invasion.
3. Coat of Arms: Deals with the difficult Italian invasion of Greece.
4. Uprising: Celebrates the courageous but doomed Warsaw Uprising of 1944.
5. Screaming Eagles: A song about 101st Airborneís battles in Bastogne
6. 40:1: Honors a small Polish brigadeís stalling defence of Wizna against a much larger Wehrmacht force.
7. Panzerkampf: Song about the Battle of Kursk, one of the largest tank battles in history.
8. Smoking Snakes: Honors three Brazilian soldiers who refused surrender against overwhelming odds.
9. To Hell and Back: A song about Audie Murphy, the most decorated soldier in American history, and his struggle with PTSD.
10. The Last Battle: Tells of how a motley group of French prisoners, German defectors, and American soldiers defended Castle Itter against a SS division.
I will be straight up honest... Sabaton music really fits this game! They are one of my very favourite bands. I was glad that I could listen with this game some songs from Sabaton as a DLC, and it's a quite good price for it! Hearts of Iron IV is a great game, and this DLC too! You like Metal music in general? You want music that fits the game as it should? Then grab that DLC especially at a sale.
There is not much to say about this DLC. It's been a few years since Paradox started to offer soundtrack DLCs using Sabaton tracks and each time the Swedish Power Metal seems to work perfectly with each game. This time, Paradox picked songs about World War II and all the tracks are great. If you like Sabaton or this type of music, you should buy this DLC.
Sabaton Soundtrack Vol. 2 adds ten new tracks to Hears of Iron IV from the Swedish heavy metal band Sabaton. While not the genre of music you would usually expect to find in a more complicated strategy game, the bands music actually fit in very well with each song telling about events, soldiers, and units from the war, from stories of the 7th Panzer Division, the 101st Airborne Division, and Audie Murphy. The music is a mixture of Swedish and English so you likely won't understand all of what the songs are saying unless you look up a translation. The price has doubled from the previous volume but so have the number of tracks. If you like the style of music with your game and want to support the developer including bands like this then it will likely be an enjoyable purchase for you.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.