We’re building the most exciting digital distribution service in the games industry.
Green Man Gaming and Playfire are looking to change the way gamers buy, play and interact with their games.
We’re a small team of talented, passionate people who are dedicated to working hard, having fun and creating a great experience for gamers across the world.
The Winning team. The Green Team
Based in Bloomsbury, Central London, Green Man Gaming is one of the leading digital games E-commerce platforms globally. Heavily data driven and focused exclusively on gamers, GMG combines its game-tracking community, playfire.com, with its robust digital E-commerce platform, greenmangaming.com, to create the most integrated social commerce platform in the video games industry.
Since Launching in 2010, Green Man Gaming has grown to millions of core gamers buying in 185 countries every month world wide.
Green Man Gaming has won significant recognition in recent years, including;
- The Sunday Times: Tech 100 'Ones to Watch' for 2014
- Future 50: The 50 hottest tech companies that the UK Government want to support to IPO
- Silicon Valley Comes to the UK (SVC2UK): Top 100 companies with the potential to reach £100m in revenue.
- The Guardian: "Five British tech Companies to watch" in 2014 by The Guardian.
In October 2014 Green Man Gaming won the Pureplay E-commerce Retailer of the Year at the Prestigious E-Commerce Awards
Position title: Senior Buyer
Reports to:EVP Commercial Trading
The key purpose of the Buying Manager is to help deliver, maintain and grow a boxed, and digital games offer to support the Green Man Gaming strategy.
- Develop and improve the digital and physical games offer through pricing and marketing initiatives.
- Instigate, develop and manage relationships with third parties to develop our sales as we increase our global coverage.
- Working in co-operation with the Marketing Manager to secure trade marketing revenue.
- Manage the relationships with distribution on boxed and accessory products to ensure the range is updated and competitive.
- Carry out regular reviews of the range, tailoring to the customers needs
- Negotiate deals and offers with suppliers on new releases and catalogue
- Closely monitor others activity to ensure GMG remains competitive
- Help develop and maintain campaign calendar with the trading, marketing and content teams
Buying Experience (Essential – games industry is a bonus but not a prerequisite)
Measurable Objectives – specific to the role:
Assistant to CEO
This challenging role will require the candidate to support the CEO in a high growth, international online company. The right applicant needs to be ambitious, extremely well-organised, capable of turning their hand to a variety of tasks and unflappable. With time there is scope to take on significant responsibility and grow with the company. Given the international footprint of GMG, travel may be required.
As assistant to the CEO you will be expected to have the following core competencies:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to plan, prioritise tasks and execute under pressure, delegating when necessary.
- Polished communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Ability and confidence to take the initiative with issues.
- Utmost discretion.
- Accuracy and good attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm and tactful under pressure.
- Self motivated.
- A bright and positive attitude.
- Presentable with strong social skills operating at the highest levels in the Games Industry.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Secretarial skills
- Word processing.
- Written draft process.
- Formal Board minutes.
- Screening calls as appropriate and dealing with basic general enquiries.
- Internal and external diary coordination.
- Maintaining CEO’s contacts following an event.
- Office leave coordination and management.
- Logging and distributing incoming mail.
- Ordering office supplies and sourcing any non-standard requirements.
- Arranging internal room hire and catering as required.
- Booking travel and accommodation.
- Budget maintenance for travel (company wide).
- Maintaining CEO’s expenses.
Games Industry event coordination (UK and international)
- Execution on the day.
- Follow up.
- Budget maintenance and accountability for events.
You don’t need to be the most competitive gamer but it does help to have knowledge of video games, gamers and the Games Industry!
We’ve got an exciting journey ahead – come join us! You don’t need to be the most competitive gamer but it does help to have knowledge of gaming and the games industry
If you are interested in any of the above positions please email your current CV and a covering letter including your background and accomplishments, and why you want to work in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.