We’re building the most exciting digital distribution service in the games industry.
Green Man Gaming and Playfire are looking to change the way gamers buy, play and interact with their games.
We’re a small team of talented, passionate people who are dedicated to working hard, having fun and creating a great experience for gamers across the world.
About Green Man Gaming
With offices in London and Santa Monica, Green Man Gaming is one of the leading digital games e-commerce platforms globally. Heavily data driven and focused exclusively on core gamers, Green Man Gaming combines its game- tracking community, playfire.com, with its robust digital E-commerce
platform, greenmangaming.com, to create the most integrated social commerce platform in the video game industry. Since establishing the company in 2009 Green Man Gaming has grown to over 50 members of staff selling games in over 180 countries in five currencies every month. In September 2013 Green Man Gaming was featured as one of The Sunday Times Tech 100 "Ones to Watch" and has been selected in the first tranche of the Future Fifty the 50 high growth technology companies that the Government would like to encourage to expand and float.
Playfire is a social gaming network that aims to bring the features and social elements of Twitter and Facebook to dedicated gamers across the world. As well providing social networking features with a gaming slant, Playfire also automatically tracks the game habits of users across all major gaming formats. With 1.3 million users, 60,000 registered games and access to over 800m individual pieces of data, Playfire is one of the most exciting and popular gaming communities on the Internet.
C# Software Engineer
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: Based on experience
- Team: Engineering
- Reports to: CTO
- Location: GMG HQ, Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 9BB.
Software Engineers are key to building and maintaining the Green Man Gaming and Playfire experiences as well as delivering the scalability required by an aggressively growing business. We need more Software Engineers to help us manage the delivery of the team against these exciting platform requirements.
This is a key and exciting role within the global Engineering team, responsible for the delivery of technology projects against key milestones.
- Windows Client development
- Assist other areas of the business with specifying what they need from Engineering to satisfy their requirements.
- Follow an Agile development process to get things done in a timely fashion
- Thoroughly QA code before it is put live
- Documentation of systems being developed and deployed
- Maintaining security of the code through more specific tests
- Perform and assist in Peer Code Reviews
- Take a leading role in processes to improve the impact of security and fraud
- Assist Systems Engineering with deployments
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and how they might fit into the Green Man
- Work on other projects as deemed necessary by the CTO
Specific Engineering Requirements:
- Solid C# client side experience
- Experience with Unit Test, Test Driven Development, WPF, IOC / DI
- Good working knowledge of Visual Studio and Git
- Ability to write code without the need for WYSIWYG tools
General duties and responsibilities
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent experience
- Well-organised and delivery-focused
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to roll the sleeves up and get on with the work
- Contribute to an effective team working approach
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects to completion, within tight deadlines
- The ability to work well in a team, to put yourself forward as an individual and maintain a good sense of humor
- You don’t need to be the most competitive gamer but it does help to have knowledge of gaming and the games industry
Senior Data Scientist (Senior Vice President)
The successful applicant will be key to ensuring that the company can quickly and efficiently analyze and understand customer an competitor data supporting Green Man Gaming’s commercial activities. This is a big, important, challenging role which working at the highest level in the company.
Role responsibilities We are looking for an analytical, innovative person who enjoys working in a team and is passionate/dedicated about his/her work. The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Evaluate: Proactive evaluation of consumer behaviour from “in-game” and commercial data. Challenging the obvious and the discovering hidden data associations.
- Prioritise: Select and prioritise “high value” commercial opportunities for further investigation.
- Testing: Provide detailed data validation and analysis of complex data sets that provide “the story”; not just the data.
- Translating: Taking data related findings and translating them into actionable real strategic and tactical trading strategies.
- Communication: Relaying and communicating complex actionable tactics/strategies to senior executives in other departments including, Trading, Marketing and Finance.
- Identify opportunities: Work closely with Trading and Marketing departments to identify and monitor new revenue growth opportunities.
- Acquisition and retention: Take an analytical approach to wide range of customer interaction data with a view to improving our understanding of the Playfire/Green Man Gaming ecosystem thereby proving the effectiveness of customer acquisition and retention strategies.
- Competitor analysis: Analysing available data on competitors in order to give the CEO a view on competitor’s tactical/strategic intentions.
- Tools: Overseeing the strategic selection, implementation and use of “Big Data” analytical tools for use with social and commercial customer behaviour.
Professional Skills The ideal candidate needs to be proactive and enquiring in their approach, and ideally skilled/qualified in the following:
- MSc or PHD qualification in Data or a related data driven field.
- Minimum four years professional experience in data analysis.
- Experience in working with customer web tracking software.
- Experience with “Big Data” warehousing systems such as Hadoop.
The ideal candidate should relish working in a fast moving, global, commercial environment.
- The right candidate will be an energetic driven Data Scientist who wants to make a difference and see revenue impact of their analysis.
- They will need to enjoy on occasion delivering a “view” quickly and efficiently to senior executives under the time constraints of a real time trading environment – where decisions which will deliver real minute by minute revenue and results
- A self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude to challenges.
- Candidates must be able to work in Central London.
- Genuine interest in correlation of “social” in game activity.
- Research results (subject to commercial confidentiality) may be published in Academic Journals.
Desirable Skills/Experience The right person doesn't need to be the most competitive gamer but it does help to have knowledge of video games, gamers and the Games Industry!
We are looking for an established QA Professional to join the team. We have been exceptionally busy and need someone to come in and look after the entire test life cycle.
Working for the Project Manager you will be working closely with every department and exposed to Senior Management on a daily basis; you will be responsible for analysing and evolving existing Test processes/procedures and also implementing new Test processes/procedures. Working in a mixed environment of Manual and Automated Testing.
You will be impacting on software that is used by Millions of Users throughout the work. You will be working in an Agile and fast paced environment and will gain exposure to the field of Big Data.
As QA Lead, you will take responsibility for Product testing / Test strategies throughout the product life cycle, from start to finish. This means you need a Hand-on approach to quality assurance (QA) and understand how Testing effects business.
In order to be successful for this QA Lead role, you must have
- Extensive experience creating, managing and updating test plans - incorporating both Project and Business needs into this.
- Experience setting up the Testing system
- Experience managing and analysing bug databases
- Automated testing experience (Selenium)
We're looking to expand our highly talented technical team with a DevOps Engineer to work with the biggest Digital Distributor of PC Games in Europe.
What it entails
As part of a small team, you will be helping Green Man Gaming develop its infrastructure and systems management. We have over 130 instances on Amazon EC2, 10 Elasticache clusters and heavy RDS users.
You will be part of our On Call rota as part of maintaining our uptime. We are heavy users of New Relic, Cloudant and
You will require the following skills:
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu and RHEL/CentOS) in a virtualised environment
- Amazon Web Services
- Security and Firewalls
- TCP/IP Networking
NOTE: No telecommuting/home working - must be able to work in Central London
Reporting to the Fraud Manager, the Fraud Analyst will be responsible for running a variety of processes and undertaking investigations and analysis to minimise fraud loss and improve sales conversion by minimising false positives. This key role is a great opportunity for someone keen to build on their fraud and payments experience and become a deep specialist in tackling fraud in an online environment.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Monitor and investigate transactions via internal and external fraud prevention systems and identify fraudulent activity.
- Undertake proactive analysis of transactional and customer records; link transactions and accounts to known or suspected fraudulent MO’s and identify fraud trends.
- Recommend improvements to the fraud prevention processes.
- Manage chargeback cases across a variety of systems and payment providers. Contest chargebacks where possible.
- Provide regular analysis on fraud trends and chargeback levels to management.
- Support Customer Service in order and account queries.
- Work on other projects as deemed necessary by the manager.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Naturally curious: if something seems off, you want to figure out what is going on.
- Analytical: you love having data to back up an argument. You always want to know the numbers and understand what they mean.
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you’ll make many critical decisions every day, and you will be wrong some of the time.
- Well organized, and delivery focused: you understand the importance of (and enjoy) working accurately and delivering results.
- Punctual and reliable: Green man gaming can count on you!
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Fraud Prevention experience in an ecommerce environment.
- A comprehensive understanding of CyberSource’s Decision Manager fraud application or a similar fraud detection software.
- Extensive knowledge of the types of fraudulent behavior seen in an ecommerce environment.
- An understanding of card payment processes and alternative payment methods.
- An ability to prioritise workload and work independently.
- A can-do attitude and ability to roll up the sleeves and get the work done.
The Operations Administrator is tasked with both Customer Service and Content Support duties including but not limited to; front line customer service, long term customer service communications through multiple channels (administration of the GMG/Playfire customer service knowledge base / customer service emails / Zendesk / Telephone and Live Chat), customer account management vis our CMS, payment investigation (including fraud mitigation measures), product page creation and QA, technical merchandising and digital content management (content preparation for digital distribution).
- To present a professional and conciliatory communication manner, to customers and suppliers, maintaining the brand values of GMG.
- Provide class leading Customer Service.
- Front line customer service via the Zendesk platform for both GMG & Playfire.
- Execute detailed investigations of customer issues in respect to integrated payment systems.
- Provide telephone customer service where required for both GMG & Playfire.
- Contribute to both internal and customer facing knowledge bases.
- Provide customer account management services.
- Provide content for Customer Service email communications.
- Execute customer service email communications.
- Provide class leading Content Management and creation service internally.
- Create product pages for the GMG website.
- Ensure quality of product pages is of the highest calibre (content QA).
- Provide technical merchandising for the GMG website on a daily basis from the specification of the GMG Trading team.
- Prepare content for digital distribution (multiple DRM types).
Measurable Objectives – specific to the role
- Administrate the publication of new digital content to the website to agreed SLAs.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to agreed SLAs in terms of volume, quality of response and customer satisfaction.
- Apply Merchandising of the GMG home page within agreed time frames and SLAs.
- Creating new content for the website within agreed time frames and SLAs.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Solutions focused – must exhibit a can do attitude at all times.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- 4-5 years customer service experience.
- Experience working with CMS.
- Experience working with CRM.
- Ability to work shift patterns which may include weekend / evening work.
- Educated to a Degree Level.
- Additional languages a bonus.
- Have an excellent eye for detail.
- Knowledge of the games industry and video games in general.
- Knowledge of DRM systems.
- Knowledge of digital distribution.
- Technically capable; comfortable working with command line applications in Windows OS.