We’re building the most exciting digital distribution service in the games industry.
Green Man Gaming and Playfire are looking to change the way gamers buy, play and interact with their games.
We’re a small team of talented, passionate people who are dedicated to working hard, having fun and creating a great experience for gamers across the world.
About Green Man Gaming
Founded in 2009, Green Man Gaming is an online, specialist retailer of computer and video games. Backed by Eden Ventures and other prestigious investors, Green Man Gaming sells games in over 165 countries worldwide, in partnership with some of the world’s most famous video game publishers, including SEGA, Ubisoft, EA and 2K Games.
Playfire is a social gaming network that aims to bring the features and social elements of Twitter and Facebook to dedicated gamers across the world. As well providing social networking features with a gaming slant, Playfire also automatically tracks the game habits of users across all major gaming formats. With 1.3 million users, 60,000 registered games and access to over 800m individual pieces of data, Playfire is one of the most exciting and popular gaming communities on the Internet.
Digital Marketing Manager
Contract: Permanent Salary: TBC Team: Global Marketing team Reports to: EVP Marketing Location: GMG HQ, Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 9BB.
About Green Man Gaming Founded in 2010, Green Man Gaming (GMG) is the leading UK-based independent digital retailer for PC games, selling more than 2,000 titles from 150 publishing partners in over 165 countries around the world. In July 2012, GMG extended the consumer offer further, launching online retail sales of PC-DVD, Xbox and PS3 games, as well as consoles and peripherals, offering even more choice to the gaming market. GMG grew audience and revenue over 4x in 2012 and became the No.2 digital PC games destination for most of the large releases of 2012 … and 2013 has continued this stark growth.
In July 2012, GMG acquired Playfire, a huge and vibrant global social network of core gamers. This service allows consumers to automatically track their in-game achievements, trophies and gameplay, as well as follow other gamers’ achievements and conversations about the games they love. With over 850m game data points registered by the large global network of gamers, Playfire has become a vital part of GMG’s focus on the core gaming audience.
As part of this aggressive growth, we have identified the requirement for a Digital Marketing Manager to boost the expertise within the team further and work with the EVP Marketing to deliver best in class acquisition, engagement and retention programmes across GMG and Playfire.
This is a key and exciting role within the global Marketing team, responsible for driving GMG marketing campaigns and supporting the EVP Marketing to deliver on an aggressive growth plan. The successful candidate, who should have an online retail background, will work closely with the EVP Marketing and Trading team to deliver on initiatives that will grow reach, revenue and customer engagement, leveraging key publisher and brand partnerships. This role spans both the GMG retail business and the Playfire social network.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Acquisition: Develop and plan campaigns to drive GMG promotions – with the aim of increasing brand awareness/understanding, acquiring new economically active customers for GMG and growing the Playfire audience
- Engagement: Work with the EVP Marketing to construct and implement targeted loyalty and rewards programmes to retain users and increase their activity on our properties.
- Manage performance marketing day-to-day campaigns with our Marketing Exec including PPC, affiliate, lead generation and other performance activity – optimising CPC and CPA.
- Lead the creative development of campaigns, managing the delivery schedule and lead-times for creative development and media placement
- Measure and report on key campaign metrics, communicating learnings and achievements to the marketing and wider GMG teams
- Deliver campaign closure reports including creative placement overview, performance and learnings – for GMG, brand partnerships and publisher relations.
- Together with the EVP Marketing, work with publishers and media partners to deliver campaigns to drive traffic, purchase and acquisition.
- Support EVP Marketing in campaign planning and development, market research and generating assets for PR.
General duties and responsibilities
- Document new ideas and initiatives that might improve and optimise the GMG site and communications – including customer journey and usability
- Research new media and brand partnership opportunities
- Provide regular project updates and reports to line manager and other relevant stakeholders
- Create presentations and other documentation on campaign plans and performance for the EVP Marketing and the Board as required
- Work on other projects as deemed necessary by the EVP Marketing
- Contribute to an effective team working approach
- Educated to degree-level
- A strong understanding and appreciation of digital marketing and a hunger to build even more experience in this field
- Experience in a digital retail environment, optimising performance marketing activity
- Experience in improving the online customer journey
- Experience working with social networks and communities
- Well-organised and project focussed
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to roll the sleeves up and get on with the work
- Ability to build and nurture strong relationships with the marketing and campaign teams at publisher, brand and media partners
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects to completion, within tight deadlines
- The ability to work well in a team, to put yourself forward as an individual and maintain a good sense of humour
- Brand marketing experience, or experience working with large brands would be desirable
- You don’t need to be the most competitive gamer but it does help to have knowledge of gaming and the games industry
- Another language would be great but not essential!
We’ve got an exciting journey ahead – come join us!
Reporting to Operations Manager
The Operations Administrator is tasked with administrating all aspects of product page creation to support the requirements of the Trading team.
- In conjunction with the GMG operations team, deliver the agreed business strategy.
- To present a professional and conciliatory communication manner, to customers and suppliers, maintaining the brand values of GMG.
- To assist other members of the Operations team during holidays, illness or peak trading periods, identifying areas of training required to support Zen Desk ticket replies to the customer.
- In conjunction with the Trading team, create, document and implement GMG home page Merchandising.
- To create unique landing pages to support specific promotions.
- To ensure that all prices are amended and planned to change/revert and the agreed time.
- To identify new processes which will enhance/improve the level of ‘service’.
- To liaise with the Operations Manager to manage game assets, in-time for launch dates or pre-sale activity.
- To test the completed game product page for errors and ensure fit for customer download.
- To respond to customer Zen desk tickets, in a professional and timely manner. The response SLA is clearly defined in process
- To produce weekly & monthly reports on Zen Desk key metrics, highlighting variations to the norm.
- To identify new processes which will enhance/improve the level of ‘service’.
- To provide weekly and monthly reports on all SagePay refunds, identifying goodwill and fraud re-charges.
Measurable Objectives – specific to the role
- Administrate the publication of new games to the website.
- Apply Merchandising of the GMG home page.
- Amend product pricing as directed by the Trading team.
- Support the wider Operations team – including aiding with customer service enquiries.
Reporting to Projects Manager
Green Man Gaming (GMG) is the fastest growing digital games retailer in Europe incorporating the Playfire social network. Currently selling downloadable PC games into more than 165 countries, and servicing over a million social users sales have increased 500% in the past 12 months and the business has strong plans for growth through 2012 and beyond. We are continually delivering new services and features onto our platform to enable continued rapid expansion to a large, lucrative customer base. Located in central London and backed by highly respected VC, Eden Ventures, this plucky little British upstart is raising eyebrows globally within the games sector. As part of the Operations team the role of QA Lead within Green Man Gaming serves to develop, execute and analyse the execution of engineering work within the company.
- Automated browser testing experience required
- JIRA or other bug tracking software
- Comfortable on Mac OSX and Windows but primarily OSX forday to day working
- Comfortable with taking singular responsibility for product testing throughout product life cycles
- Hands on approach to quality assurance and testing throughout the business
- Able to identify and assess testing needs and contribute to testing strategies
- Extensive experience creating, managing and updating test plans based on product, project and business needs
- Extensive experience with empirical risk assessment based upon results of test
- Organised, proactive, driven and self-motivated, actively contributing attitude to tasks
- The ability to cope well and perform under pressure working to strict deadlines, prioritising as needed
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of all MS Office applications
- Extensive experience managing and analysing bug databases
- Selenium experience
- Experience with Databases and basic queries