Hello Games have just announced a brand new update for No Man’s Sky. This is the biggest update we have seen for the game and it includes a massive amount of content.
Titled the Path Finder update this new addition to No Man’s Sky builds upon the game’s foundations and gives the title a much needed upgrade.
One of the most exciting elements of the update for me has to be the new addition of land vehicles. There are 3 types of land vehicle included in the update and will make planetary transversal so much easier. There will be dozens of new tech upgrades, ship and weapon classes and even a brand new permadeath mode.
You can check out a full list of what the Path Finder update includes below. If you haven’t got No Man’s Sky yet you can also grab a massive 40% off the game at Green Man Gaming as of tomorrow (9th of March 2017). Here is what the Path Finder Update includes:
- Planetary Vehicles – build up to 3 ‘exocraft’ at bases. These can be summoned at anytime to quickly explore planets
- Base Sharing – Players can share their constructions online, and visit other explorers’ bases
- Improved Visuals – high-res textures, improved visuals and 4K rendering on supported hardware
- Ship/Weapon Classes – fighting, exploring and trading specific classes are available for purchase
- Permadeath Mode – Once you are dead there is no going back! The ultimate challenge for players who want to add more of a challenge to their exploration.
- Exocraft Races – Construct and share race tracks.
- New Upgrades – collect Nanite Clusters and purchase dozens of new upgrades for weapons and tech
- Survival Mode Rewards – New trophies and milestones have been added for an even greater challenge
- Vehicle Upgrades – Upgrades can be applied to your Exocraft! boost acceleration, traction, scanners and weapons
- Base Improvements – change building materials (like concrete and timber), and dozens of new parts, including viewing pods, stairs and hydro-domes
- Photo Mode – free move camera, photo filters, edit time of day and weather
- Shop for building parts – traders visit your base and sell advanced constructs
- Discovery Page – view information on previously discovered planets, find your home planet at any time
- Low Flight Enhancements – pilot ships at lower altitude, improved ship landing
- Difficulty – all modes have re-balanced difficulty, in survival mode destroyed ships crash land on nearby planets
- Gameplay Improvements – skippable journey milestones, rename your belongings (ship/exosuit/etc.), quit to mode select (and more!)
Click on the thumbnails below to check out some screen shots from the Path Finder update.
You can also check out this video which goes into a little bit more detail about what the update includes and how it improves the No Man’s Sky universe.