"Ant Workshop have created a tightly focussed title with a clear ethos and a truly original game mechanic. The difficulty may be off putting for some, but it’s intrinsic to the game. It knows it’s hard and doesn't apologise for it. I found it off putting, but I'm notoriously lacking in patience. Considering the £7 price tag, unique play style, great sense of humour and the many hours of potential replayability it’s well worth a purchase."
7.5 / 10.0 - GameGrin
"Despite being a fun game, Binaries’ Super Meat Boy gameplay style doesn’t quite fit a puzzle game like this. Mainly due to our feeble human inability to monitor two characters at once."
7.0 / 10.0 - God is a Geek
"A nice puzzle game that sometimes surprises the player, but doesn't achieve to offer something new or flashy."
7 / 10 - IGN Spain
“Infuriating, but in a good way.. Really nicely polished”
“Beautifully tuned: each level is the exact translation of a developer’s manic cackle into game structure”
“Seriously, I’ve never wanted to kick a developer in the shins before I played Binaries.”
8/10 – Words About Games
Test your skills and reflexes as you simultaneously guide two lovable(1) balls through over 100 controller-smashingly(2) tough platform challenges. Control both balls at exactly the same time as you try to avoid the death and danger that awaits their every move.
Oh, and there are jokes.(3)
(1) May not be lovable
(2) May not even be a word
(3) May not be funny
- Make your way through over 100 levels of fiendish puzzle solving and death-defying challenges.
- Glutton for punishment? Replay levels against the clock to get the fastest time you can. Are you quick enough to get S rank on every level? (We’re not.)
- A funky adaptive music score that ramps up when you do well and chills out if you’re stuck, to help you concentrate. It’s like the game wants you to do well (while it’s throwing spikes at you).
- Choose your own route to completion through a non-linear map. Stuck on a super-tough stage? No worries! Just go and hone your skills on a different level.
- Laugh along with up to ten jokes! Look, we’re going to keep saying it's funny. You'll come around eventually. (Don’t worry there is no extra charge if you laugh more than ten times.)
No controllers were harmed in the making of this game.