FlatOut 4: Total Insanity™, where reckless driving has never been this much fun. FlatOut 4: Total Insanity™ blends everything everyone has ever loved about FlatOut into one offering. Gamers will also be introduced to all new and exciting features, game modes, and vehicles which will soon become personal favorites.
Read full description
FlatOut Is Back!
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity™, where reckless driving has never been this much fun.
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity™ blends everything everyone has ever loved about FlatOut into one offering. Gamers will also be introduced to all new and exciting features, game modes, and vehicles which will soon become personal favorites. Another installment of nitro fueled demolition and derby racing featuring a variety of tracks, modes, arenas and multi-player options are available. Welcome back to FlatOut!
Exclusive to STEAM version of FlatOut 4: Total Insanity™
• Big Picture Mode
• Steam Achievements
• Partial Steam Controller Support
• Steam Leader Boards
• Steam Cloud
• Steam Trading Cards
• 2 Exclusive Arenas: Ice Lake Arena, Factory Arena
• 2 Exclusive Drivers: Gadget Stewart and Dave Worker
• 2 Exclusive Vehicles: Ice breaker and Repair truck
• Steam Workshop coming 30 days post launch
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity™ Features
• High Speed racing and collisions on a variety of tracks and environments
• Customizable Cars: Gamers will unlock 27 cars to customize and race, including tributes to fan favorites and new additions to the garage
• Gamepad Controller Support
• Dynamic Tracks: FlatOut 4: Total Insanity™ features 20 tracks including traditional derby racing, time trials, arenas, assault levels, carnage levels and much more
• Destructible Environments: Chaos and destruction return to the world of racing with high speed collisions and wild destructible environments
• The Legendary Stunt Mode: Featuring 12 stunts in total. Six new stunts and six re-imagined classic stunt mini-games await fans in search of epic crashes and death-defying maneuvers
• Arena Mode: Three game play styles including Death Match, Capture the Flag and Survivor
• New Assault Mode: An arsenal of deadly weapons at your disposal to slow or destroy opponents
• Single Player: Race, Destroy and enjoy Stuntman mode offline before showing off your skills in multi-player
• Multiplayer Mayhem: Competitive online modes allow up to eight players to master destruction arenas, race courses and set traps
• Hot Seat Mode: Take turns with your family and friends in hot seat competition of Stunts
• Thumping Indie Soundtrack: FlatOut features a global range of over 35 amazing indie music tracks
• Male and Female Drivers: 12 Drivers: 6 males and 6 females:
• + 2 Exclusives: Gadget Stewart and Dave Worker
• Uses the power of next gen devices with high end 3-D rendering
• Sophisticated Physics engine based on Nvidia PhysX and KT Engine
The game itself is nothing new under the sun but it's under no circumstances a bad game. It takes up the good aspects of the last parts and polishes them with a good graphics. But it must necessarily be said that the online multiplayer needs to be fixed, you can currently only play against friends and the game finds no lobbies with other players.
The FlatOut 4 is better than the predecessor, but weaker than the first two parts, which were able to give an emotional boost thanks to a nicely-tuned driving model, good physics and attractive audio-visual. This time, the title really does not really do anything right. The general averageness is the biggest drawback of this production and at the same time the reason why I rather advise you not to buy it. It's easy to find a sensible alternative, such as the DiRT Shwodown, which stands out from the rest of the production of the DiRT series, but in terms of playability beats FlatOut 4 by the head.
FlatOut 4 is a driving and racing game that combines driver throwing stunt events, derby destruction matches, and racing modes. The best part of the game is likely going to be the stunt events where you will attempt to launch your driver out of the car and control them to complete the minigame objective, there are a wide variety of games like beer pong, pool, golf, traveling through a series of rings, etc. The game offers a destructive racing mode and a demolition derby mode but the limited number of tracks, inconsistent AI, and limited car options makes these modes less interesting than if you were playing another racing game. With the amusing stunt modes and mediocre other content it is hard to recommend at the current price for anyone who still hasn't played some of the better recent racing games.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.