Join the Chase! In LEGO® CITY Undercover, play as Chase McCain, a police officer who's been tasked with going undercover to hunt down the notorious – and recently escaped – criminal Rex Fury and putting an end to his city-wide crime wave.Read full description
Join the Chase! In LEGO® CITY Undercover, play as Chase McCain, a police officer who's been tasked with going undercover to hunt down the notorious – and recently escaped – criminal Rex Fury and putting an end to his city-wide crime wave. With two-player co-op, friends can explore the sprawling open-world metropolis that is LEGO® City, with more than 20 unique districts to investigate, car thieves to bust, hilarious movie references to discover, vehicles to drive, and hundreds of collectibles. LEGO CITY Undercover brings together witty, original storytelling with signature LEGO humour to create a fun-filled experience for players of all ages to enjoy.
• BECOME LEGO CITY’S FINEST – Assume the identity of undercover police officer, Chase McCain, and track down the fiendish Rex Fury to finally put an end to his city-wide crime wave.
• EXPLORE THE CITY – With more than 20 distinct districts to investigate, LEGO CITY is a bustling metropolis that is ripe for exploration and filled to the brim with people on the streets to interact with, criminals to take down and hundreds of collectibles.
• BE A MASTER OF DISGUISE – As a man of many talents, Chase McCain has eight disguises to choose from, each with unique skills and abilities to infiltrate every corner of the city, allowing him to access places a regular old officer can’t.
• OVER 100 VEHICLES – In LEGO CITY, every vehicle on the street can be commandeered with more than 100 to choose from so players can get behind the wheel of sports cars, motorcycles, helicopters and more to chase down criminals or take a leisurely ride through the urban jungle to check out the sights.
• FIGHT CRIME – Take down criminals with hand-to-hand combat or arrest bad guys using Chase’s handy grapple gun and standard issue police handcuffs.
• THE CAST – Chase is joined by officer Frank Honey, Chief of Police Dunby and paramedic Natalia Kowalski, who are just a few of the more than 300 unlockable and playable characters that gamers will meet throughout the adventure.
• HUMOUR, HUMOUR, HUMOUR – Featuring an original storyline, LEGO CITY Undercover is chock-full of signature humour with hilarious movie and music references peppered throughout the open-world.
LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER software © 2017 TT Games Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2017 The LEGO group. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Lot of people say, that this game is GTA for kids and in lot of ways it is, but there are also other good and bad things against GTA. So, main thing is story, it's not perfect but it's great, as you go through the story, new ways of moving unlocks, also more locations and so on. Greatest thing on this game is co-op in split-screen, it would be even better if there would be some online multiplayer, but its still great. Simply, if you like to beat up some gangsters build things, unlock cars, skins or even helicopters! There is so much to do in this game, even when you finish the story, you can still free play and have a lot of fun! Only bad thing is that if you want to collect all collectibles, you must repeat some missions... So if you have some free time, friend to play with, buy this game and jump into the action now!
A while ago, I purchased this game for my friend's brother and he was instantly hooked. It's a open world game which is essentially a kid friendly version of Grand Theft Auto. We did have low framerate issues but it was still playable. The game is definitely poorly optimized and the developers need to work of that. On the other hand, I would recommend it to the younger audience as you will greatly enjoy this game. Especially if they have played previous lego games.
Gonna go ahead and post my review now, even though I haven't finished the game. I'll update if my opinion changes. This is a great game. I have had no crashes or black screens. The only issues I have run into are Alt+Tab putting the game in windowed mode and not being able to update my graphics settings from the main menu. You MUST either edit the file (which you can find instructions on how to do in the discussions forum) or create a save file first and edit them from the pause menu. The devs have said that they are working on a patch. The game itself is very fun and one of the most unique LEGO experiences given how it is an entirely singleplayer game and the city is the biggest overworld that TT Games has done. Definite buy if you like what you see, just wait for a few patches if the bugs scare you off.
In short, it's kid's friendly LEGO version of GTA. You have an open world that you can drive around and search every nook and cranny. Other than story elements and power-ups that you unlock by playing, nothing is stopping you from exploring. And there is a lot of space to explore since maps are pretty big. It's not in vain of say, Lego Star Wars, where you go from stage to stage in a linear fashion, it's pretty open world. However, there are some bad things about this game that hopefully can get fixed. First is optimisation - developers dropped the ball with this one and framerate is all over the place, which is a shame and surprising, considering previous LEGO games didn't have many problems. Second, it doesn't bring much new to the table and novelty parts from Wii U version are pretty much gone since some of those things would be hard to make on other consoles or PC without tablet integration. So if you have had enough of Lego games and wanted to take a break and return with the hope of this game revitalising the franchise, you should wait and lower your expectations. If you love Lego games however, there is no reason not to get it. Just wait for some patches.
Like other Lego games it's extremely fun, you can call it Grand Theft Lego, so yay but apart from all the fun factors the current state of the port kind of ruins the fun, there are some problems with performance as framerate is a little wonky, silly fact is that you cannot even change the game resolution. Apart from that, i have fun playing it so far, hopefully, the patch will fix the bad port issues luckily it's not Gotham Knight level.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.