This expansion pack for Renowned Explorers takes you all the way to the Far East. It’s packed with new content and also provides an entirely new way to play the game! The main features are:
- Four new characters: Suh Min-Jeong, Hojo Fumiaki, Wang Yu and Phailin Boonyasak. All with their own unique abilities and personalities.
- An entirely new expedition called the Anagogic Archipelago, in which you travel across a set of scattered Indonesian islands.
- The Emperor’s Challenge: a new game mode in which you’re given many crazy challenges and try to beat Rivaleux to the punch in completing them.
Four explorers join the already colorful cast of characters and they each bring their own refreshing brand of personality, skills, and perks to the table.
- The Korean diplomat’s daughter Suh Min-Jeong is an achieved scientist and that at the age of 12! She does however still throw the occasional tantrum.
- Then there’s Phailin Boonyasak, a Thai exotic dancer with a smooth talk, a sneaky walk and some serious skills with a knife!
- Hojo Fumiaki is a stern scout from Kyoto with a bit of an anger management problem. He found a way to channel his anger through obsessive cleaning, though.
- And last but not least: Chinese fighter Wang Yu, who has an obvious preference for fireworks and a very dark secret. His personality is also quite explosive!
New Expedition - The Anagogic Archipelago
In this Rank 4 expedition, called "the Anagogic Archipelago" you travel to an Indonesian set of islands to find out what has happened with Bobo the Misadventurous, who has mysteriously gone missing. While exploring this tropical new locale, you can travel by boat for the first time in Renowned Explorers, you might encounter some angry hornbill birds and there are rumors of a booming new religion that’s on the rise on the islands.
New Game Mode - The Emperor’s Challenge
Instead of aiming for collecting as much renown as possible, in this expansion, you can also choose to play the game in a new mode called “The Emperor’s Challenge". In this mode, emperor Guāngxù of China challenges you and your rival Rivaleux to complete a wide variety of objectives for him. In return, he’ll reward you with just as varied a set of porcelain awards. The explorer who claims the most rewards from the emperor by the end of the game, either you or Rivaleux, wins!