Test your fighting spirit as you take your party of brave adventurers on an epic quest to restore peace to the lands of Rezrog in this table-top inspired, turn-based, dungeon crawler.Read full description
Test your fighting spirit as you take your party of brave adventurers on an epic quest to restore peace to the lands of Rezrog in this table-top inspired, turn-based, dungeon crawler. Upgrade your skills & tactically exploit enemy weaknesses as you try to handle everything the dungeons will throw at you.
The lands of Rezrog are in turmoil. Evil Wizards and hideous monsters from far around have descended to the darkest depths of the earth where they harvest the power of the potent gems that are found there. You must take your team of heroes and defeat all that stands before you in a quest to restore Rezrog to the peaceful land it once was.
Equip, craft and upgrade items on your way to building a strong and resilient team capable of withstanding even the greatest of attacks from the biggest and meanest of foes. Learn powerful skills along the perilous journey through 100 dungeon levels that will give you the edge in battle as you look to tactically outsmart whoever or whatever stands in your way. Get it right and you are one step closer to your goal. Get it wrong and end up imprisoned...or worse.
• Unique party mechanic: You have a party of brave heroes at your disposal, each with unique looks and strengths, but only one of them can go on an adventure at a time. If one hero falls prey to the enemy and gets captured, rescue him with another member!
• Tactical turn-based combat: Carefully plan your actions during the combat, conserve your resources and exploit enemy weaknesses.
• No two dungeons are ever the same: Procedurally generated dungeons create a unique experience for each and every player with interesting dungeons, large variety of equipment items and events impacting dungeon exploration.
• Permadeath: Getting your whole party captured means the end of the journey for your daring party of heroes.
• Progress persistence: Leave your legacy to next generations of heroes, even after permadeath, by acquiring and forging precious gems which leave stat points for use in a new game.
• Tabletop aesthetic: Mimics a paper board game style.
• Adventurers to heroes: Share all gear and skills within your team and equip them to suit your playstyle, but do it evenly. If your strongest hero is captured, you face an uphill task.
• Dungeon crawling: Prepare for unforeseen events as you face various dungeon challenges, avoiding traps and lethal encounters.
• Skill system: Skill discovery and upgrade system that allows acquiring and improving skills as you play.
• Boss battles: Challenging boss battles to test your fighting spirit. One wrong move could spell defeat.
• Large world to explore: 100 dungeon levels, 10 different environments.
• 7 character classes to play.
• More than 60 skills that can be upgraded to become even more powerful.
• More than 120 enemies to encounter.
Interesting concept and tabletop game art style mixed with dungeon crawling and character progression. Requires careful and strategic play, rushing and making a few mistakes in combat can easily cost you your character. Sometimes difficulty can seem too great or too low, depending on your character class/equipment/skills and strategy. Provides good replay value if gearing up your characters with progressively better loot and skills is your thing. Can get a bit repetitive over time.
Rezrog has a lot of potential to be a really great indie game. It is dungeon crawler at its finest and really ingenious art direction - the game is made like a huge board game, with characters and monsters looking like pawn. Graphics are simple, but incredibly effective and nice to look at, also which is worth mentioning music is perfect for this title. Gameplay is also in place and what you should expect from a game like this. There is one major flaw, though - bugs. The amount of them is crazy and it feels like alpha/early access game than full release. The abilities can lock up and be unavailable, the game is extremely crash prone. It is possible to fix, but for now it is incredibly problematic to play this game, which is a shame, because under all those bugs there is potential for a really fun game. Overall, good game, but more buggy then any Bethesda release to date. Wait for few patches or if you can leave with it, get it, because it is enjoyable.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.