John Curtin leads Australia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! Australia grows and thrives in territory, where other civs would have difficulty, by getting full Housing from coastal starts. Their districts get improved yields when built in attractive terrain.Read full description
Requires Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI (base game) to use this DLC
John Curtin leads Australia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! Australia grows and thrives in territory, where other civs would have difficulty, by getting full Housing from coastal starts. Their districts get improved yields when built in attractive terrain. John Curtin provides bonus production to Australia when they have been the target of a declaration of war, or have liberated a city. This pack also includes the new “Outback Tycoon” scenario: can you accumulate your fortune by striking gold, creating massive herds of livestock, or by preserving this land's natural beauty for future generations?
Includes the Australian civilization with John Curtin, the Digger unique unit, Outback Station unique improvement and a new Natural Wonder:
• Civ Unique Ability: Australian coastal cities always receive extra Housing. Pastures also trigger the Culture Bomb effect, grabbing adjacent tiles from other civs and City-States. Yields from Campuses, Commercial Hubs, Holy Sites and Theater Squares are enhanced in attractive terrain.
• Leader Unique Ability: John Curtin’s unique ability is called “Citadel of Civilization.” Australia gets bonus production at the start of a Defensive War, and when it liberates a city.
• Unique Unit: Australia’s unique unit is the Digger, which gets bonuses to combat on land tiles adjacent to water and when fighting outside their territory.
• Unique Infrastructure: The Outback Station is a tile improvement that unlocks with the Guilds civic, and can be upgraded with Steam Power and Rapid Deployment. It provides food and production, with bonus food for adjacent Pastures.
New “Outback Tycoon” Scenario:
• This uniquely economic-focused Scenario has you take control of one of four Colony Governments as you compete to explore and develop the natural beauty and wealth of Australia.
• Includes unique units and gameplay effects, with no combat between players.
• 60 turn limit.
New Uluru Natural Wonder:
• This desert wonder provides bonus Faith and Culture to adjacent tiles.
©2017 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Sid Meier’s Civilization, Civilization, Civ, 2K, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Use of this product requires agreement to the following third party end user license agreement: http://www.take2games.com/
Let's be honest, this DLC just isn't that good. It adds the Australians to the game which aren't that special in the game. With that, I mean that they aren't a real game changing civilization. The price for the DLC also is too high compared to what you're getting. Would I recommend it? No. Should you buy it? Depends on if you're a real Civilization fan like I am I would pick it up. If not don't even bother. 2 out of 5 stars.
This DLC adds Australia as a full Civilization for the first time in the series, along with the leader John Curtin and a new scenario. The civilization comes with an ability that helps you when fighting defensive wars or when liberating cities, this can be an ability that might see more use in multiplayer due to you not really being sure what AI will do or what agendas they will be given. They get bonuses when building along the coast and certain buildings get further bonuses when built on an appealing looking area. The unique available to them fits with their bonuses for building along the coast. When playing against Australia John Curtin has the agenda Perpetually on Guard, this agenda forms defensive pacts with friends and likes civilizations that liberate cities and dislikes civilizations in a war that are occupying enemy cities. They make for a good and unique civilization. A new scenario has a unique gameplay focus and is good if you wanted something different. Not a bad price but disappointing that this little addition count for the much higher priced Complete Edition's DLC.
The only thing I could say is that this DLC brings more content than the dlc of Poland, has a more refreshing and more beautiful, I really like this type of content although I will have to see the price but I think it's worth it, in this dlc We can find gold, cattle, without destroying nature, we can be millionaires with so many resources. very good.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.