Requires Civilization VI (base game) to use this DLC
Alexander leads Macedon and Cyrus leads Persia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! Macedon’s abilities will let you conquer the whole world, and Persia can grow rich and cultured, or launch surprise invasions with incredible ease. These historical adversaries are paired well together, and feature in the new “Conquests of Alexander” scenario. Can you determine the fate of the Near East, and the course of history?Read full description
Requires Civilization VI (base game) to use this DLC
Alexander leads Macedon and Cyrus leads Persia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! Macedon’s abilities will let you conquer the whole world, and Persia can grow rich and cultured, or launch surprise invasions with incredible ease. These historical adversaries are paired well together, and feature in the new “Conquests of Alexander” scenario. Can you determine the fate of the Near East, and the course of history?
Includes the Macedonian civilization with Alexander the Great, the Hypaspist unique unit, and the Basilikoi Paides unique building:
• Civ Unique Ability: The “Hellenistic Fusion” ability gives Macedon Tech or Civic Eurekas depending on what Districts are present in a captured city.
• Leader Unique Ability: Alexander’s “To World’s End” ability lets Macedon stay at war longer by greatly reducing war weariness. He also gives Macedon the Hetairoi: a fast Heavy Cavalry unit that starts with a free promotion, which replaces the Horseman.
• Unique Unit: The Hypaspist replaces the Swordsman, gets extra bonuses from supporting units, and is stronger at besieging Districts.
• Unique Building: The Basilikoi Paides can be built in any Encampment that doesn’t have a stable. It provides bonuses for all melee, ranged land, and Hetairoi trained in the city. It also provides some science anytime a non-civilian unit is created in the city.
Also includes the Persian civilization with Cyrus, the Immortal unique unit, and the Pairidaeza unique improvement:
• Civ Unique Ability: The “Satrapies” ability gives Persia a free Trade Route when they develop Political Philosophy, and enhanced yields from their internal trade routes.
• Leader Unique Ability: Cyrus has the “Fall of Babylon” ability, giving movement and yield bonuses for a short time after declaring a Surprise War, and negating some of the diplomatic penalties of declaring a Surprise War too.
• Unique Unit: Persia’s unique unit is the famous Immortal. This Swordsman replacement gets a bonus ranged attack, and is very strong on defense.
• Unique Improvement: The Pairidaeza provide Culture, Gold, and Appeal, as well as bonus Culture or Gold for adjacent Districts and City Centers. Over time, they’ll provide even more yields as you advance through the tech & civic tree.
New “Conquests of Alexander” Scenario:
• Race against time to prove yourself as great a conqueror as Alexander the Great! This scenario is focused on combat, expansion, and the calculated use of your Great Generals.
• As you increase the difficulty, you have fewer and fewer turns in which to conquer the known world, providing a real challenge for military strategists.
Two New Wonders:
• Mausoleum at Halicarnassus: One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World returns to Civilization. The Mausoleum allows you to get additional bonuses from your Great Admirals and Great Engineers.
• Apadana: The Persians were famous for their audience halls, and the best example was found in Persepolis. This Wonder provides extra Envoys every time you build a World Wonder – including the Apadana!
Other Requirements: Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required include the Steam Client.
©2017 Aspyr is a registered trademark of Aspyr Media, Inc., and the Aspyr star logo is a trademark of Aspyr Media. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Sid Meier's Civilization, Civilization, Civ, 2K, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Two new civilizations, a scenario, and two new wonders were added with this DLC. Persia suffers less penalties from declaring surprise wars and their unique units gives them a ranged attacker with good melee defense, giving you a nation fit for people who like to play aggressively. Macedon has reduced war weariness, has a cavalry unit with a free promotion, and a new unit that has benefits when attacking districts, making them another good choice for an offensive player. If you play against either of these Civilizations then Persia will have the opportunist agenda where they like those who have declared a surprise war and Macedon will have the agenda short life of glory where they will like nations that are currently at war with others. Fitting with the two nations the scenario, Conquests of Alexander, is focused on war and expansion, something that wasn't focused on in some of the previous DLC scenarios. If either of these nations fit your playstyle or you just really want more options these are a good addition to the game, though it is getting pricey to add all these to the game and they don't make any improvements to the actual game itself.
Enjoyed Civilization VI? Now you can bring Alexander the Great and Cyrus into the fray, two great historical figures with their own unique abilities to turn the tide of battles in your favour. Additionally, you'll get access to an entertaining scenario that has you play as Alexander the Great, conquering other civilizations with your trusted generals. It's DLC for a Sid Meier game, of course it's going to be worth the asking price. Do yourself a favour and pick this up.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.