Building a model isn’t easy, there’s snipping it out, glue to apply to your fingers, and paint to slather over everything – and that’s before you drink from the paint mug. Of course, it’s all worth it when you look at your amazing model standing before you, painted perfectly (or close to perfect) and ready to either take part in a game or join a display cabinet.
Model Builder is a game all about the joy of building, painting, and preparing your very own model collection. Like the models in the game it’s also been on a journey, changing over the last few months since release with new features, models, and even DLC.
So if you’ve been sitting on the fence about grabbing Model Builder or you’ve taken a break from it, here’s what’s new for Model Builder and a look at how far it’s come.
New Model Builder Features
Since Model Builder’s launch in February, 2022, the developers have been busily bustling away, fixing any issues and adding new features to make sure that Model Builder is everything that the modelling community could possibly want.
Here’s some of the brand new features added to Model Builder over the last few months:
- Free Dragonborn Figure – For all players, a free Titan Forge Dragonborn Fighter Model available for everyone to build and paint.
- UI Improvements – The UI has been added to making building models, painting models, and applying transfers easier than ever before.
- Revamped Tutorial – Videos have been added to make sure new players don’t miss out on anything they need to know on their model building journey.
- Enhanced Controls – New Key Bindings added to make sure you can control every aspect of the model building process simply and quickly.
- Reworked Masking Tape Tool – Completely redesigned, the masking tape tool now makes masking exact and precise.
- Undo – Fans asked for it and they got it. It’s now possible to undo the last action taken, made a mistake? No you didn’t!
Check out what else is new in the Model Builder patch notes, you can keep up to date here.
Model Builder DLC
The first free DLC for Model Builder celebrates the frost-filled society survival game itself, Frostpunk. Including Dreadnought, Automaton, and Generator models to build and paint, if you’re interested in steampunk or are a Frostpunk fan – this’ll give you a bit more to love.
Expansion Pack no.1
Expansion Pack no.1 includes four brand new models all available for download – for free. You’ll get the M26 Pershing tank, the PT-109 boat, the Hurricane Fighter Plane, and the Astrocat figurine. In addition, there’s a brand new quest and tasks to complete.
The Invincible Helmet
The Invincible is a first-person sci-fi thriller set in a different timeline, the Invincible Helmet free DLC gives you a retro-future helmet model all of your own to build and paint. Finally you’ll have a taste of space in your model display area.
Titan-Forge DLC no.1
This free DLC pack adds another four models all from Titan-Forge. The Halfling Male Rogue, Half-Orc Female Barbarian, Human Female Paladin, and Gnome Male Wizard are all within your reach when you download this DLC. Building models is an adventure, so now build your own fantasy party.
With tons of updates already included in Model Builder and plenty more in the pipeline, Model Builder is constantly growing and changing with new models and DLC all the time. Pick up Model Builder for less when you shop with us and start your journey towards becoming a master craftsperson today.