The Destiny 2 Witch Queen expansion is here and is arguably the most ambitious chunk of post release content that developer Bungie has conjured up for its long-running online shooter. From the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen release date through to the latest trailer and gameplay details, we’ve got everything you need to know about the Destiny 2: The Witch Queen expansion right here.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Release Date – When And How Can I Play Destiny 2: The Witch Queen?
The Destiny 2 Witch Queen release date has been confirmed as February 22, 2022. It’ll be getting a full release on PC via Steam, as well as PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and Google Stadia console platforms. Essentially, if you own any console from the current or last generation, or even just a reasonably specced PC, you’ll be good to get cracking with Savathûn in earnest. Huzzah!
Where Can I Find The Latest Trailer For Destiny 2: The Witch Queen?
Bungie being Bungie, the legendary developer knows exactly how to put together a stunning trailer and when it comes to this expansion, the studio certainly doesn’t disappoint. The latest Destiny 2: The Witch Queen trailer can be watched here:
What Is Destiny 2: The Witch Queen All About?
The latest and most sizable lump of additional content for Destiny 2 released to date, the Witch Queen expansion has been coined as the ‘definitive Destiny campaign’ and sees players jumping right into Savathun’s Throne World in order to discover how the titular Witch Queen and her Lucent Hive was able to steal the Light.
Much more than just providing a new campaign for Destiny stalwarts and newcomers alike to cut their teeth on, the Destiny 2 Witch Queen expansion also packs in an all new open world map, new weapon crafting mechanics and much more besides. To play the Destiny 2 Witch Queen expansion, you must have the base Destiny 2 game.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Pre-order Bonuses
If you pre-order this expansion you’ll gain a fistful of neat freebies including the Cosomographicum Exotic Ghost Shell, Enigma Exotic Emote, and an all-new emblem. Rather brilliantly, all of the Destiny 2 Witch Queen pre-order bonuses instantly unlock as soon as you put down your registration, allowing you to show off your cool new gear in-game right away.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Gameplay – Throne World Campaign & New Raid
A sweeping campaign with no shortage of sweep and spectacle, the campaign that the Destiny 2 Witch Queen expansion brings to the table is set to be the biggest campaign that Bungie have created to date.
Thrusting players into the depths of Savathun’s domain, the Witch Queen’s campaign has players tangling with her Lucent Brood – a conclave of Light-powered soldiers that refuse to stay down all the while compelling them to unravel the mystery behind Destiny 2’s most fearsome foe.
Of course, no new Destiny 2 campaign would feel quite complete without boasting an all-new raid for players to sink their teeth into and Bungie is more than happy to oblige with the new Sunken Pyramid raid coming in the new expansion.
Void 3.0 New Aspects
One of the biggest game-changers that this expansion pulls off is Void 3.0, an all-new array of class based Aspects and more generalised Fragments that players can use to turn the tables on the hugely challenging Lucent Brood and their queen. The Destiny 2 Witch Queen Void 3.0 Aspects are as follows for each of the main classes:
Hunter Void 3.0 Aspects
- Stylish Executioner (If a Void afflicted target is destroyed, the player gains Truesight and invisibility)
- Trapper’s Ambush (When Quickfall is activated players can create a smoke cloud on impact that makes allies invisible and weakens enemies)
- Vanishing Step (Whenever Dodge is triggered the Hunter becomes invisible)
Titan Void 3.0 Aspects
- Bastion (Provides an overshield for the player and close allies whenever Barricade is cast)
- Controlled Demolition (Striking a target with a Void detonation or ability will give them volatile status)
- Offensive Bulwark (Grenades charge faster when overshield is engaged or player is stood inside Ward of Dawn)
Warlock Void 3.0 Aspects
- Chaos Accelerant (Axion Bolt, Magnetic grenades, Scatter and Vortex can all now be overcharged)
- Child of the Old Gods (Creating a Rift causes a Void Soul to attach itself to the player which charges towards enemies and self-destructs as soon as damage is dealt)
- Feed the Void (As soon as a foe is destroyed by a Void ability, Devour is activated)
Void 3.0 New Fragments
Neatly accompanying the fresh new Aspects that Void 3.0 brings to Destiny 2, the Witch Queen expansion also brings a range of new Fragments as well that together with the aforementioned Aspects, allow players the substantial creative latitude to create their own precise, finely tuned build. The current list of Void 3.0 fragments is as follows:
- Echo of Domineering (Provides a massive increase in movement speed if a target is suppressed)
- Echo of Exchange (Grenade energy is gained from each successful melee attack)
- Echo of Expulsion (Any enemy destroyed by a Void ability explodes and grants a buff to Intellect)
- Echo of Provision (A portion of damage done by grenades translates into additional melee energy)
- Echo of Remnants (All persistent grenade effects last longer after detonation)
- Echo of Reprisal (Each final strike landed when adjacent to multiple enemies provides extra super energy)
- Echo of Undermining (Void grenades provide an additional weakness debuff to foes)
An all new weapon archetype, the fearsome Glaive is an horrifically powerful melee weapon that once sufficiently improved can lob energy attacks at far away foes, unleash extraordinarily powerful combinations and even conjure an immensely durable energy shield. Destiny 2’s equivalent of a swiss knife then? Yep.
Arguably one of the biggest new features that the Destiny 2 Witch Queen expansion brings to the table is that players are now able to craft their own weapons. With Witch Queen’s all-new crafting system, Guardians can fashion their very own bits of highly damage dealing kit with a bespoke blend of shaders, advanced stats and mods. Players will be able to craft their own weapons as soon as they reach the Relic.
New Exotic Armour
Each of the three classes in Destiny 2 will be receiving all new sets of fancy exotic armour thanks to the Witch Queen expansion. The new exotic armour sets for the Hunter, Warlock and Titan classes are as follows:
- Blight Ranger Helm (Hunter Armour)
- Renewal Grasps (Hunter Armour)
- Hoarfrost-Z (Titan Armour)
- Loreley Splendor Helm (Titan Armour)
- Osmiomancy Gauntlets (Warlock Armour)
- Secant Filaments (Warlock Armour)
Get your hands on Destiny 2: The Witch Queen right here at a price you’ll be hard pressed to beat. Take the battle to Savathun’s Throne World, take back what she’s stolen and make her pay for what she did to Osiris. With new raids, new powers, new loot, and new gameplay mechanics, it’s the perfect time to jump on board the Destiny 2 train.