In many ways todays update is no different from the other 61 updates we have made since launch, because we know there are still so many features you want to see, so many improvements yet to make. But going to 1.0 gives us the opportunity to look at how far we have come, take stock, and plan what we want to do next.
Since launch we have:
- Added countless new missions, and mission system. Making traffic stops and callouts more interesting and varied.
- New NPC’s and NPC traffic so the game world feels more alive.
- Many New Vehicles including SUVs, Fire Trucks and Ambulances and the Tow Truck.
- The Computer Database System, so you can investigate drivers in traffic stops.
- Customisable Lights and Sirens.
- A complete redesign and expansion of the city.
- Fire Spreading to add complexity to fire fighting.
- Redesigned Triage/Patent systems.
- Mod Support
- Playable Civilians and other features for the Role Playing community.
- Plus Weapons and Battering rams.
What to expect from 1.0
We have completely updated all of the menus to improve usability and introduced mouse navigation. This has been a highly requested update.
We are implementing some tutorials to help new players get started.
You’ll also find visual upgrades to Beach Town, adding new props, buildings, piers, and lifeguard lookout posts! This adds more life to areas of the world for players to explore.
What's next for Flashing Lights?
We know this is something you are all excited about. We will be adding K9 Units to Police and Fire departments, aiding you in rescue missions and a variety of police actions and callouts. We’ll also be adding additional vehicles so your 4-legged friend can ride along.
A day/night cycle and weather systems are in progress. These systems will add depth and reality to the Flashing Lights universe.
For all you lone rangers who need some support, we’ve got your back. AI backup is under development.
Plus Additional Fixes, Callouts and Optimisation.
There will be bug fixes, optimisations, and more callouts added. But we also have some exciting community lead features coming your way.