The race is on in Mantis Burn Racing, where fast-paced bumper-to-bumper racing combines with intuitive, tactile gameplay and stunning visuals in one of the best-looking and most immersive top-down racers around.Read full description
The race is on in Mantis Burn Racing, where fast-paced bumper-to-bumper racing combines with intuitive, tactile gameplay and stunning visuals in one of the best-looking and most immersive top-down racers around. Drive incredible built-for-racing vehicles across highly detailed, visually stunning tracks, in high-risk, high-speed races where winning is everything. Prove your skills in an extensive career mode and take on friends with 4-player local split-screen racing and online modes for up to 8 players in ‘one-more-go’ style competitive racing. With a RPG-style upgrade system providing players with deep tactical choices and excellent replay-ability, this is racing at its rawest but most exciting!
• COMPELLING CAREER MODE – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a comprehensive 9-season career structure where you choose your progression path on the road to being crowned Mantis Burn Racing Champion.
• BUMPER-TO-BUMPER RACING – Jump the sand dunes of sun-scorched Sand Town, burn rubber on the asphalt city streets of New Shangri-la or race across the treacherous icy snowscapes of Snowbound in high-speed competitive races.
• INCREDIBLE VEHICLES – Choose from a roster of fully customisable built-for-racing vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits with speedy dune-buggies, versatile road-racers and super-strong 6-wheeler trucks competing side-by-side in the same race.
• STUNNING VISUALS – Race across 12 stunning reversible tracks located in 3 uniquely challenging environments with incredible photo-realistic visuals for crystal clear high-octane racing.
• INTUITIVE, EXCITING GAMEPLAY – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling with intuitive and exciting gameplay where the driving experience takes centre stage.
• RPG-STYLE UPGRADE SYSTEM – Fine tune your vehicle’s handling and performance to your exact preference and playing style via a RPG-style upgrade slot system that offers an almost infinite amount of vehicle variations, creating a unique race experience for every player.
• CHALLENGING GAME MODES – Master 10 fun game modes – including knockout, accumulator and time trial – that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
• WEEKLY CHALLENGES – Race your way to the top of the Global leader boards in unique challenges each week for the ultimate in bragging rights.
• INTENSE MULTIPLAYER – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
• ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
• REGULAR UPDATES – Regular updates including free and paid content packs
Mantis Burn Racing is a good arcade racing game that combines smooth fun car handling, amazing cute graphics and complex career mode. The gameplay reminds me a bit of Micro Machine series and every race is really entertaining, highly recommended for every tiny cars fan.
The one thing that is bugging me currently more than anything is the camera, and this is probably why I've spent so little time in the game so far. The in game camera is hard tethered to the car and its movement, resulting in the camera swinging jarringly at the touch of a joystick, this is extremely nauseating for me, especially because of the wide FOV of the viewing camera, which is not helping at all. I was rather hoping the camera would be fixed, like in the release trailer, or have an option to be soft tethered, whereby the camera is following the direction and angle of the track, and not the car. In overall, the game plays quite nicely and the only major issue I have with he game is the camera.
Really cool looking game, awesome graphics. My big issue, however, is the camera. The trailer and photos make it look like the game has a cool angled camera, but in reality the camera is locked directly on top of your car, and it turns when you turn, making the steering completely unsatisfying. If we could get a better camera then this game would be much better. Still, I'm recommending it because I think it has potential as an early access title and I want to see it improve.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.