Why Early Access?
Rise of Industry is lots of fun right now, with the early alpha version already having been on sale for a number of months becoming Itch.io's top selling game of 2017. Feedback already gathered means that we can deliver a very stable build with a host of exciting and enjoyable features.
With Early Access we will make it even better and we will work very closely with the community to improve the game as much as possible.
We want to make the best and most enjoyable experience possible, and that is not possible if we are in a vacuumed environment. We want to place the game in Early Access at an early stage, so we can get constant feedback and suggestions so that we can deliver the game that you deserve.
Weíve already been working hard on the game and we want it to become a modern classic. Your valued feedback in Early Access will ensure that we make this a reality.
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
Our plan is for a Q3-Q4 2018 full release, but expect big updates on a regular basis, with new content and features, plus a lot of bug fixes. You will be kept fully up-to-date should anything change and it will always be for the good of the game - we wonít rush the game for financial reasons - thatís not what weíre about.
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
The full version will have a lot more products to be produced, more factories, more gatherers, new events, bigger maps, pollution, an enhanced tutorial, map creation plus much much more. Modding support will also be added so you can customise and create almost anything in the game to suit your playstyle. The game will also be fully balanced & polished on full release.
Only English language is available at the moment but French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Simplified Chinese will all be added before full release.
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
The game is perfectly stable, and constantly evolving. You can build your empire with gatherers, factories and infrastructure. Arrange trade by road, rail, sea or sky, and react swiftly as the economy continuously shifts. The campaign mode will offer you a structured challenge, while contracts and events will keep you on your toes.
With all the planned additions, it will feel a totally new experience every couple of months.
As a budding entrepreneur you will build factories, construct efficient transport lines, move raw materials, produce finished goods, and arrange trade with the world's developing cities, providing them with the resources they need to flourish - for as they grow and prosper, so do you.
Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced fans of the genre, while its simple-to-understand mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.
- Experience tailored for every player - Specialise in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Use PR & Marketing to gain favour (or repair damage) with your business partners.
- Choose from over 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores & townspeople
- Build and manage a solid transportation network to enable the efficient transfer of goods via plentiful trucks, speedy trains and high capacity airships.
- Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you won’t be the only one looking for the best deal.
- Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
- Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you’ll always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
- Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts, random events and quests keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in.
- Balance environmental impact with productivity, trying to meet your neighbouring town's demands.
- Ever-changing biomes will present different environmental challenges as you aim to make the most out of the map - Lose potential oil reserves as polluted tundra melts into fields or fertile grassland wilts and dies into arid desert.