Samurai Riot is a 2D cooperative Beat’em up Arcade game with a twist! Playing as Sukane or Tsurumaru, two charismatic warriors torn between their duty and beliefs, follow your own way of honor through multiple scenarios and story endings!Read full description
Samurai Riot is a 2D cooperative Beat’em up Arcade game with a twist! Playing as Sukane or Tsurumaru, two charismatic warriors torn between their duty and beliefs, follow your own way of honor through multiple scenarios and story endings!
A Unique Cooperative System
• The co-op system evaluate the quality of your cooperation and rewards great teamwork.
• Coordinate your attacks with your partner and fill up the central co-op gauge to unleash one of the deadliest attack of Samurai Riot: the Co-op Special Move!
8 different endings
• Deep moral choices: would you rather burn an entire village to the ground or stay clean but lose the war? Any decision you make will greatly impact your story.
• Choose to follow the same path as a team or choose to disagree and battle it out during a PvP fight!
Strong replay value
• Multi-branching scenario: be ready to play many new games to get all the whole story of Samurai Riot!
• Fighting schools: the more you play, the more you accumulate points to unlock new fighting schools, each character will get exclusives gameplay variations and abilities.
Fight with style
• Characters: discover two strong and highly skilled heroes offering unique gameplay and stunning attacks, plus a bunch of vicious enemies to fight against.
• Controls: to remain true to arcade games history, we created very intuitive controls, enjoyable with any Controller or Arcade stick. We want the gameplay to be completely flexible, so it feels exactly like what you want it to be!
Speed-runners: On Your Marks, Set, Go!
Find all the tools you need for a perfect speed-run (time ranking, score ranking…)!
Wako Factory All rights reserved 2014 - 2017
Seeing as the game just came out, I haven't had the chance to finish it yet. Still, my time spent with it was significant enough to make this review relevant. I had lots of fun playing this game. It's the type of game that is sure to please the old school gamers like myself (it's reminiscent of games such as Mortal Kombat or Battletoads so, you know, a true Beat 'em up) If you have never played this style of gameplay, it is possible that the it will tires you at times or seem repetitive (you know, to each his own). In this case, it is fairly simple yet well designed, it's focused on a multitude of combos and special moves (pausing the game and checking the menu frequently will help you if you struggle with this aspect of the game, though in that case this might not be the game most suited to your tastes in the first place) and you can only controlone of 2 available characters. The idea is to spend time developing the best combo chains with your partner to get the best possible grades and damage. The system is indeed innovative but mostly designed for duet play (it loses much of its attractiveness in solo mode). With different intros and multiple endings, as well as real branching story choices to occupy you with, making certainly for more than a 60 hours of replayability, this one is a definite buy.
Samurai Riot is a 2D fighting game, very generic at times. The gameplay is very classic of the genre, allowing players to use weak and strong attacks, with the possibility to create combos between them easily. There is also a throw and a block button. As always we have some special moves as well which we can perform after filling a special meter. The most original thing here is the presentation that reminds me of a flash game, it's different but I''m not a big fan of this kind of approach. Still, it is quite a solid fighting game.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.