Its hard to deny that Fallout 76 has had a rocky start, with one of the major complaints being that the world of Appalachia was just a little empty with the lack of NPC’s a major sticking point. Though Bethesda has been active in adding new content and fixing bugs, the Wastelanders DLC symbolises the biggest change to the game so far.
Fallout 76 Wastelanders new content
The free expansion will be available from the 6th of April onwards, bringing with it a host of changes to the world, including new creatures to fight, new gear to collect, a brand new Main Quest, with the original main quest being revamped as well. We’ll be getting some classic Fallout style dialogue trees with your decisions affecting your standings with different factions, and an all-new reputation system.
Most importantly though, the game is getting human NPCs. And not just a few, Appalachia will see people returning to its beautiful landscapes to rebuild and start their lives anew. You can befriend or betray your new neighbours and learn about the world through the eyes of its residents.
Wastelanders Content bundles
With new factions come new themed gear as well with two content bundles available for the expansion. The raider Content bundle and Settler content bundle, both offering exclusive cosmetics and C.A.M.P. Items to players.
The Raider content bundle will include the following:
- Mine Car Planter – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Raider C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Raider edge
- Raider Stash Box – Raider-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Raider Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Crater
- Raider Pathfinder Outfit – Look like another resident of Crater with this outfit (includes mask and bandana)
- Raider Conquest Loot Bag – Raider-style Loot bag, complete with skull
- Raider Pillager Backpack – A Raider-style backpack
- Raider Marauder Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance for your Power Armor based on the Crater Raiders
With the Settler Content bundle giving you the following:
- Garden Truckbed Trailer – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Settler C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Settler appearance
- Settler Stash Box – Settler-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Settler Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Foundation
- Settler Mechanic Outfit – Look like another resident of Foundation with this outfit (includes hat)
- Settler Traveler Loot Bag – Settler-style Loot bag that looks like a travel case
- Settler Relief Backpack – A Settler-style backpack
- Settler Vigilante Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance based on the Foundation Settlers
There will also be the option to purchase both bundles and they both come with the Deluxe Edition of the Fallout 76: Wastlanders version of the game.