Resident Evil 7 has been regarded as one of the best survival horror games of the year (so far) to some it has even been heralded as the best Resident Evil game to date. It has been a few months since it’s first release back in February 2017 and there have been a few updates and DLC packs added to the game. Here is what has been added to Resident Evil 7 since release.
Banned Footage Vol 1
The first banned footage DLC contains 2 VHS tapes for you to play through. These VHS tapes are separate from the story and offer new challenges and puzzles. Here is what you get
- Bedroom VHS Tape – Players take on the role of Clancy Jarvis, a camera man for the paranormal web series, Sewer Gators. Clancy has been featured in VHS tapes before which follow his story as he investigates the Baker household. In Bedroom, Clancy has to escape the Master bedroom of the Baker house, he has been tied to the bed and the objective is to escape without being noticed. Sounds easy but Marguerite Baker is no push over.
- Nightmare VHS Tape – A change of pace from Bedroom, Nightmare puts you back into the shoes of Clancy as he has to fight his way through several of Jack Baker’s ‘friends’. The friends we speak of are the Molded, who are grotesque zombie like creatures. All yo have to do is survive until 5AM.
- Ethan Must Die – Playing as Ethan, your objective is to get through the main house and face Marguerite Baker. Item and weapon drops are completely random, there are no check points and most, if not all the enemies are one hit kills. Good luck!
Banned Footage Vol 2
The second banned footage DLC is much like the first in that it offers the player a couple of VHS tapes to play through as well as a brand new game mode. Here is what’s featured.
- 21 VHS Tape – Picking up from where the ‘Nightmare’ tape left off, Clancy is caught by Lucas Baker and then thrown into a room to play a deadly game of black jack with Hoffman, another victim of the Baker family. Will you survive this deadly game of Blackjack?
- Daughters VHS Tape – A prequel story where players control Zoe Baker before the events of Resident Evil 7. This story sets up Resident Evil 7 nicely and gives players an insight into how Mia ended up at the Baker Household and how the family fell under the influence of Eveline
- Jack’s 55 Birthday – Playing as Mia your objective is to feed Jack Baker food and drink scattered around the stage until he is full. Kill enemies to stop time running out.
That is all of the DLC packs released for Resident Evil 7 so far. There is more to come however, as Capcom have also promised us a Free DLC pack.
Not a Hero
This story DLC will expand the already in depth plot that Resident Evil 7 offers. No real information has been released about Not A Hero, but it has been confirmed that Chris Redfield will star in this DLC. How this will tie into the Baker family and the over Resident Evil 7 story still remains a mystery.
You can grab Resident Evil 7 at an amazing 40% off right now on the Green Man Gaming store.