The Black Death is a survival, medieval life simulator, exploring the time of the plague and the impact and destruction across Western Europe. The game from Small Impact is currently in Early Access In this update players will now be able to explore more areas and encounter new items in the world of Mercia.
The ‘Relics’ are unique items that appear on a server in a random location, and are limited to one per server. Players are told whenever they are near the unique item – even if someone else has already picked it up and is walking around the world…
To enhance the exploration of the world, new areas have been added to the game that are filled with bandits, raiders, and plague. These areas provide the toughest challenges the game has seen yet, and players that dare face these new areas are bound to be rewarded with great gear.
An all new combat system has been introduced, following fan feedback from the old system. Swings are more accurate, hands and arms can be removed from the body completely, and new animations have been introduced to support this.
“We had experimented with our combat system in the past, changing our old system to make it more streamlined. However, for the ‘Relics’ update, we overhauled combat from scratch. We now have a combat system that feels great to play, looks great to watch, and serves as a foundation for improving the combat further,” said Peter Harries, Producer at Small Impact.
The Black Death provides the following Early Access features,
- Rich profession based role playing combined with medieval era survival.
- A huge open world (8km2) based in 14th century western Europe. Explore thriving castles, bandit camps, busy ports and abandoned mines
- Unique medieval professions to unlock, each with a rich skill tree and their own way of surviving.
- A living world with hundreds of NPC’s and day / night cycle. Trade with merchants, hunt animals, talk to townsfolk and fight bandits.
- Over 300 in game items. Craft over 40 different weapon and armour pieces, using medieval tools and utilities.
- Buy and upgrade properties – and protect it from other opportunistic players…
- Large scale multiplayer, with up to 50 players per server