In Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, you will be free to play your way. Do you prefer to skulk around and pick off enemies one at a time? You can. Rather stay at a distance and take your enemies out with precision headshots? Sure. Would you rather put a gun in each hand and wade in? That’s also an option. Hell, you can even upgrade yourself so that you can literally run through enemies and see them explode in a cloud of gibs.
Wolfenstein II’s perks work in the same way as they did in the last game - they identify your preferred playstyle, tracking how you play and unlocking abilities to suit. Keep sneaking and you will get more abilities based around stealth. Go in guns-blazing and you will get better weapon skills.
Wolfenstein II’s perks are split into three categories - Mayhem, Tactical, and Stealth - and we have laid out all three for you below:
Wolfenstein II perks guide
Heavy Weapon Kills
- Rewarded for killing enemies using heavy weapons.
- Reward: detached heavy weapons have larger magazines.
- Rewarded for killing enemies with the Handgranate.
- Reward: increased grenade capacity.
- Rewarded for killing enemies while dual-wielding.
- Reward: carry more ammunition.
- Rewarded for getting in close and killing opponents using combat takedowns.
- Reward: health regenerates faster.
Ram shackle kills
- Rewarded for killing enemies by tackling them while using the Ram shackles ability.
- Reward: dropped enemy armour pieces are more effective.
- Rewarded for killing enemies while health is overcharged.
- Reward: health overcharged deflates slower.
- Rewarded for killing enemies with environmental hazards like explosives.
- Reward: reduces damage taken by explosives.
Enemy grenade kills
- Rewarded by killing enemies with their own grenades, either by shooting one before it is thrown or by tricking them into blowing themselves up.
- Reward: enemy grenades take longer to explode.
- Rewarded for killing enemies by shooting them in the head.
- Reward: do more damage when aiming down the sight.
Battle Walker kills
- Rewarded for killing enemies while using the Battle Walker ability.
- Reward: dropped enemy weapons carry more ammo.
Kills by burning
- Rewarded for killing enemies by using flames.
- Reward: reduced damage taken from diesel weapons.
Elektro-bomb stun kills
- Rewarded for stunning enemies with electric-charged grenades and killing them while stunned.
- Reward: reduced damage taken from laser weapons.
Quick Commander kill
- Rewarded for taking down commanders before they activate the alarm.
- Reward: suppressed weapons do more damage.
Takedowns or tampers
- Performing stealth takedowns on or tampering with robotic enemies.
- Reward: tampering rewards laser and diesel ammo.
- Rewarded for killing enemies while using the Constrictor harness.
- Reward: move faster when using Constrictor harness.
- Rewarded for using stealth takedowns.
- Reward: move faster when crouched.
- Rewarded for searching dead commanders and finding Enigma Codes.
- Reward: jame commander alarm signals and delay their transmission.
Thrown hatchet kills
- Rewarded for killing Nazis with a thrown hatchet.
- Reward: carry more hatchets.