Killing Floor 2 is the successor to the ridiculously fun and successful original title, that was released in 2009. All your old favorites are back, with a whole host of new features, characters, monsters, weapons and story.Read full description
KILLING FLOOR 2 Digital Deluxe Edition adds the following to the base game:
AND a copy of the first Killing Floor!
In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
• Visceral Gore - KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
• 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
• Versus Survival Game Mode - Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
• Terrifying Zeds - New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
• Unique Blend Of Weaponry - From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
• Expanded Perk System - Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
• Brutal Melee Combat - KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
Killing Floor ©2009-2015 by Tripwire Interactive. Killing Floor® is a registered trademark of Tripwire Interactive in the USA and other countries. All rights reserved.
My favourite game of all time. Previously, I never understood how anyone could spend more than 100 hours with a single video game. 540 hours later... I am in complete comprehension! Unlocking the perk tree is very fun and the abilities are fantastic. Starting off at Level 0 in 'Normal' skill, then developing into tackling 'Hell on Earth' is a very fun journey.
Killing Floor 2 is a co-op FPS where 1-6 players battle waves of enemies in hopes of reaching and defeating the end boss, and it is still in early access. The game has a good variety of weapons that are all satisfying to use with more weapons that are going to be added. You select a class that you want to play as that will gain experience and level up as you get skills, every level increases passive bonuses, and every five levels (cap of 25) lets you select one of two perks to give you a further benefit, these can be changed in the main menu. Each class can use any weapon but their passives and perk abilities tend to favor the weapons that were introduced for their class (melee, rifles, pistols, flamethrowers, rockets, weapons with a medic function, etc). You are able to play as different characters and can customize their appearance by changing the color of their hair and outfit and by attaching cosmetic items, some come with an individual character and others can be unlocked through playing or by buying them on Steam's marketplace, cosmetic weapon skins can also be earned or bought. The game's maps give good variety with more being added, player made maps are also supported. The newest update added a versus mode where a team of humans play like normal but another team can take the roll of their enemies (with some now having unique abilities). The gameplay can get a little repetitive but it continues to improve as new maps, weapons, and features are added. The game is well worth the price, even more so if you have some friends to play with. The Deluxe Edition will get you a new character to play as, the character has no unique abilities but will have their own lines of dialogue, voice, and cosmetic items so if you plan to play the game a lot and like the character that this adds it could be worth it for that. You get the game's soundtrack which is great for fans of the game's band. Some new cosmetic items are added, though each one is limited to working on only some of the characters, I'm not really a fan of them but it's nice to have more options. The original Killing Floor is also included which is still fun to play but ideally you would probably want Killing Floor 2 to surpass the original. A digital art book is also included, for what is included $10 isn't a bad price.
As of so far Killing Floor 2 presents an amazing potential to become a great success amongst his competition. With the success of Killing Floor (a game that last almost 10 years with a consistent playerbase), this now MUCH MATURE company builds it's sequel with base on the first game. Built on an heavily modded Unreal Engine 3, KF2 presents a lot of beautiful scenaries while still being runnable on older machines. The game (while still being in beta) already presents a really solid base, but without showing it's still in development. Lack of weapon quantity and lack of perks really makes the game in it's current state easily tiresome, but with Tripwire working on new perks and weapons this game surely feels like it is going to be great.
Killing Floor 2 is nowhere near finished. With a lack of maps, weapons, and perks from the previous game, it is indeed hard to consider spending up to $40 on an early access game. This shouldn't discourage you however from giving it a try. Killing Floor 2 follows the same formula of its predecessor: surviving waves of monsters to buy better weapons and eventually fight a boss. They kept that formula tight and made sure that it was easy to grasp and play. They've also given a rise in difficulty by having tougher beginning waves at the exchange of giving players starting primaries or secondaries. The class system is now divided into 25 levels with perks and bonuses as you play. XP is now earned through dealing class specific weapons or a secondary objective like welding doors or healing teammates. Berserker, an often unused class now has quite a few benefits to it. There are combo and heavy attacks as well as a block and parry system, making it more viable for harder level play. The graphics and sound design are great. Each enemy looks highly detailed, scenes are gorgeous, and the amount of blood and heavy metal will satisfy your need for carnage. If you are new to the Killing Floor experience, have a try before you buy, or wait for a sale. For Killing Floor veterans, its not finished, but it looks so promising,
All reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site staight away
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.