Killing Floor 2 is the successor to the ridiculously fun and successful original title, that was released in 2009. All your old favorites are back, with a whole host of new features, characters, monsters, weapons and story.Read full description
Includes Summer Sideshow content:
Summer Sideshow Zed Skin Replacements (event time limited)
Summer Sideshow "The Tragic Kingdom" Circus Map (permanent addition)
Summer Sideshow Objectives/Mini Games, can be completed to unlock an exclusive cosmetic uniform (event time limited)
Prize Ticket Crafting for Summer Sideshow Cosmetic Items (event time limited)
2 new weapons, HZ12 Shotgun and Centerfire Lever Action Rifle
Weekly outbreak game mode - a new variation on KF's survival mode that gets rotated each week. Win it to unlock cosmetic rewards (8 different modes that rotate each week)
In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
• Visceral Gore - KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
• 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
• Versus Survival Game Mode - Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
• Terrifying Zeds - New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
• Unique Blend Of Weaponry - From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
• Expanded Perk System - Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
• Brutal Melee Combat - KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
Killing Floor ©2009-2015 by Tripwire Interactive. Killing Floor® is a registered trademark of Tripwire Interactive in the USA and other countries. All rights reserved.
A genuine first person shooter. Instant gratification. Visceral violence. Flawless mechanics. Phenomenal weapons. Plenty of classes. A whole mess of official and custom maps. Good community. Killer soundtrack.
Tripwire Interactive has become a beloved developer/publisher to me over the years. From my perspective, they have a proven record of accomplishment of releasing games that fill an underrepresented niche and do so with passion and expertise. Then they provide best-in-class support to those games over years, actively support modding, and release tons of free content and updates. Killing Floor 2 development trudged along unflinchingly through the early years when salty Steam keyboard warriors flooded the store page with thumbs down reviews and tears. I am glad they persevered because, man, what a game they have delivered. I have something like 42 hours in KF2 at the time of writing this review and there is so much to the game that I have barely scratched...I can see putting hundreds of hours into this game before even a hint of being bored. Tripwire Interactive games deliver some of the best gunplay (animations, feedback, audio design, models, creativity) and multiplayer (especially co-op) available on the PC. There is something special about their games. Rising Storm 1 was one of the few multiplayer shooters where I intentionally cranked the soundtrack up to the point of almost drowning out all other game sounds because it was that good and that evocative of the setting and theme (it gives me chills to this day). The gunplay in Killing Floor 2 is almost addictive to me it is so well executed and always compels me to play one more match when I should be going to bed. Sorry for the rambling review but I unequivocally recommend Killing Floor 2. When I see the Tripwire Interactive name on a product, I know I can pre-order without hesitation or fear. They have earned their pedigree and Killing Floor 2 is no exception. I enjoyed it from the very first Early Access days straight through final release and post-support. If you love strong compelling gunplay, a wide variety of playstyles, and are looking for an elegant co-op game Killing Floor 2 fits the bill.
It's no secret many aspects of this game are very similar to Left 4 Dead 2. A new versus mode, Bloat = Boomer, Fleshpound = Tank, Crawler = Hunter and so on. But Killing floor 2 excels in many of it's own ways. Following it's predecessor, you are pitted on a team with other players leveling 1 of many perks to aid you in the slaughter of thousands of zombies. With it's own 'story' and scares here and there Killing floor 2 is a worthwhile game to pickup if you enjoy the horror genre of games. There is nothing more creppy than your first time getting chased by a Scrake or Fleshpound on your first game. Personally I really enjoy the game, played many enjoyable hours. Would recommend to most people I know.
This game provides exactly what it advertises. You get to shoot zeds, bathe in their blood, and bond with battle brothers. If you like shooting things, and seeing the instant results of your violent acts, this game could be very satisfying for you and your friends. It also allows for a surprising amount of play-styles depending on how you want to kill zombies. Although I do I highly recommend buying this game, I would be cautious about playing this game alone, it can be scary, and the server system isn't the easiest to make new friends with, I would also be cautious of this game if you are a novice at shooting games on the PC. This game has a very high difficulty setting, even on the lowest options. Overall: If you have the money, and are thirsty for Zed blood go ahead and take the plunge into Killing Floor 2.
This game is a PvE 6 player survival game, in which you get to kill a lot of Zombies, and between waves can buy Cool guns, which help make stuff deader..... so overall this is a Gore-fest that you don't want to miss!
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.