Growing up, I spent most of my summers indoors playing video games, trying to beat that one final level, trying to get just a bit better and beat my own high score. Roguebreaker is my love letter to that time of my life, when you could just lose yourself in a colorful world for a little bit. Beat a level, unlock a new upgrade, and repeat. It's a small, simple game designed to be played in a short sitting, just long enough to zone out and have a good time for a few minutes and relax. I hope you're able to feel a little bit of that as you play. If not, I'd be happy to hear why and what I could do to make it that much better for you.
Thanks so much for giving it a shot,
Josh Bergasse - The World Outside
- Break enough bricks and you make a choice between two upgrades. Beat 10 levels and you've got a totally different set of upgrades compared than the last run.
- Each level is randomly chosen from a preset pool, so you have a general understanding of what's next, but you can't be sure.
The higher your score, the faster the ball. The more balls you get the more fun you have. It's simple.
- Restarting a run means totally different handcrafted levels and a unique set of choices to make.
- Break bricks like nobody's business. Hearty bricks, moving bricks, pickup bricks, innocent bricks, it's got bricks for days.
- It's got all the pickups you can imagine. Multiballs, extra speed, extra score, extra style, extra fun. Too much fun though and things get hard, be careful.
- After you beat a level, you choose an upgrade, go slowmo, suck the ball back to the paddle, fire missiles, tilt the board and bounce the ball, it's great. If you game over though, you start from scratch.
- The more you play, the more you unlock, the more you understand, the better you play.
- After mastering all 20+ of my handcrafted levels you can start adding your own. Just create a map and drag it into the custom maps folder and you're good to go.
- Trailer music was generously provided by Dance With The Dead
- Official workshop support is in progress, but can create and share levels without it!
- Please don't hesitate to contact me if you're unhappy, I want to make sure you enjoy the game as much as I did making it!