With the conflict between the TEC, Advent, and Vasari creating rifts within each civilization, the galaxy has become less stable than ever. With resources dwindling and time running out, every advantage must be exploited....
For the first time ever, add a whole new dimension of strategy with Minor Factions. Compete against your enemies to exert control over upstart forces that have emerged outside the boundaries of the great powers. Crush them if you desire, but it might be wiser to let your diplomatic envoys persuade them to join your cause - their unique capabilities may prove to be the difference between victory and defeat.
- "Minor Factions" Gameplay Option - Enable the spawning of minor factions! Each game will place a number of minor factions onto the map to expand your strategic and tactical options.
- 15 new minor factions - Send envoys to persuade minor factions to join your empire and cultivate their unique abilities and advantages. Minor Factions include:
- Nilari Cultists: These fanatical Advent cultists command waves of suicidal martyrs, sacrifice their people for devastating effects, and indoctrinate nearby populations to accelerate their cause. Be careful, though - with the end being near, they don't always discriminate between friend and foe, and it won't matter whether you've won them to your side or not!
- Viturak Transport Cabal: Vasari technology is notoriously difficult to get ahold of. Contact the Cabal to gain access to black market Vasari travel tech, including phase engine improvements and the ability to execute covert raids. If they let you into the back room, you may even find yourself with a stolen Antorak Marauder that you could pair with their local phase stabilizer...
- Grost Scrappers Union: Credits don't discriminate, and neither does this faction! These underground human entrepreneurs accept payment from anyone. If you need an armor retrofit, a quick field repair, a great deal on resources, or even a place to convert those obsolete frigates into profitable scrap - these are your guys!
- 12 additional minor factions: Each faction provides abilities and advantages unique to their theme and role, including mercenaries, xenophobes, pacifists, used ship dealers, demolition experts, resource miners, resistance fighters, arms dealers and more!
Expand your strategic options and gameplay depth with the Minor Factions DLC today!