Set in the lush and vibrant world of the Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast Legends offers an all-new way to enjoy the time-tested magic of playing Dungeons & Dragons as a shared storytelling experience.Read full description
Set in the lush and vibrant world of the Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast Legends offers an all-new way to enjoy the time-tested magic of playing Dungeons & Dragons as a shared storytelling experience. With a deep narrative developed by a team of long-time industry veterans and a partnership with Wizards of the Coast, the single player campaign of Sword Coast Legends brings the world of Faerûn home like never before.
Sword Coast Legends also brings the roleplaying dynamic between players and Dungeon Masters to life with DM Mode, a first-of-its-kind real-time experience in which Dungeon Masters guide players through unique customizable adventures. In DM Mode, the Dungeon Master engages players and empowers them to have fun in a way that suits the party best while creating a tailored, non-adversarial 4 with 1 experience that any RPG or pen-and-paper fan will enjoy.
• Single player campaign created by members of the leadership team that brought you Dragon Age™: Origins
• Choose from five playable races and six unique character classes to build your own stalwart adventurer
• A return to form, SCL is the compelling and complex RPG you've been waiting for and features pause time, party-based tactical combat and involving storylines
• Dungeon Master Mode: Create your own epic adventure to share with your friends, or enhance their experience in real time as they traverse your dungeon
• Set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe based on the fifth edition ruleset and populated with Dungeons & Dragons lore and legend
Sword Coast Legends is a a top view dungeon RPG where you control a 4-person-squad and use their abilities much like the Dragon Age series, the characters are The Fighter , The clerk , The Rogue and The Wizard (mage), you can select all of them or pick each of them individually ,you can hear the characters comment about the missions status and their whereabouts and talk to each other about it , it's quite entertaining . each party member has his own inventory and you can change their weapons,armor and accessories , combat features the infamous pause and play from DA and Baldur's gate , it's completely optional , but you will need it when the story progresses ahead because combat gets hairy, each party member has unique abilities , for example The Clerk has the ability to detect hidden Doors and Loot chests. The story is great, don't want to spoil it for you but the quests are fun and have great back stories with the optional fetch quests available too for the elite RPG complitionists out there , with player choice being relevant and your choices will impact the actions ahead and change the course of the story. Overall, Sword Coast Legends has familiar yet fresh feel to it that doesn't stop you fro enjoying it despite the mechanics that you've seen in other games before, and it's cheaper than most of the AAA RPGs out there.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.