In addition to the core game, Tokyo Dark: Collector’s Edition includes the game's digital soundtrack, alongside a PDF art book containing imagery from throughout the game's development process.Read full description
Detective Ito`s partner is missing, but what starts as a straightforward case soon spirals into a twisted nightmare that causes Ito to confront her past and question her own sanity.
Tokyo Dark places the narrative in your hands. Your decisions and actions change Detective Ito's state of mind, opening doors to different possibilities as you attempt to find your partner and understand the dark and horrifying world around you.
In addition to the core game, Tokyo Dark: Collector’s Edition includes the game's digital soundtrack, alongside a PDF art book containing imagery from throughout the game's development process.
• The S.P.I.N (Sanity, Professionalism, Investigation, Neurosis) system keeps track of every decision you make, changing how other characters react and the actions available to you.
• A deliciously dark delve into the world beneath Tokyo, that will leave you questioning each and every decision.
• A branching narrative that delivers 11 exciting endings.
• A NewGame+ mode that positions you at the fork of each of Tokyo Dark's 11 endings.
• Beautifully animated sequences produced by Graphinica - a world class anime studio.
• The exploration, discovery and puzzle solving found in Point and Click Adventures married with narrative depth and intrigue of visual novels.
• Original soundtrack by Reign of Fury front man Matt `Bison` Steed.
• Localization by Japanese novelist Ureshino Kimi.
• Digital game soundtrack featuring over 2 hours of original compositions and remixes.
• Digital art book
Will the past come back to haunt you, or will you stand by your decisions?
Tokyo Dark © 2017 Godogaisya Cherrymochi. All rights reserved. Developed by Godogaisya Cherrymochi. Published by Square Enix Ltd. TOKYO DARK, CHERRYMOCHI and the CHERRYMOCHI logo are trademarks of Godogaisya Cherrymochi. Square Enix, the Square Enix logo, Square Enix Collective and the Square Enix Collective logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co. Ltd.
Collector's Edition of Tokyo Dark is THE version to get if you consider getting this indie gem. The game is really good and I really recommend trying it out but if you decide to get this version you will also get nicely drawn but digital artbook and a great soundtrack, all for a low price, just a few dollars more than the core release. Get this version.
Tokyo Dark is an adventure game that has you playing as a Tokyo cop trying to find her missing partner, combining elements of noir, anime, and cyberpunk. It was designed as part of the Square Enix Collective which has also lead to the development of The Turing Test and other promising looking titles. Presentation can switch between side scrolling, visual novel style text scenes, and videos. The game has four systems that can influence how your character responds and views the world, you have your professionalism and investigation that effects how you behave and are viewed as a cop, you also have sanity and neurosis that can influence how you view situations and can change based on your in game behavior. While the game involves your characters sanity, has an anime visual aesthetic, and includes things like a cursed mask most of it is grounded in the real world and is focused on the characters you interact with. Worth checking out for well done characters and setting as well some interesting gameplay features, though there can be situations where sanity and player options can cause some limitations. The Collectors Edition includes a PDF with art through the game's development and a 62 track soundtrack. The music fits the tone of the game well, giving good dark noir and cyberpunk imagery, contemplative piano, and more haunting tracks. Worth picking up if you want to support the developer.
Simply rate this game out of 5 stars and submit
All of our reviews are moderated and may not appear on the site straight away.
Thank you for your patience whilst we complete this process.